1.1 and vehicles / carrying capacity bug

• Offline Tokae
  • Geared Up

1.1 and vehicles / carrying capacity bug

« posted: Feb 04, 2015, 09:40 PM »
I think this is the correct place for this:

Currently people are saying that vehicles that respawn when a server restarts, are stuck in the ground a lot. I don't think I was having this issue before I changed to 1.1 so I thought I would mention that. Also, I guess some vehicles just do not save after being used by a player, is this correct?

Case in point, a box truck spawns at server restart, a player uses it for the next hour and hides it somewhere. When the server restarts again, that truck is gone, because it was not purchased from the vehicle store initially. Is this correct?

Disregard, I was pointed at the Bugs Section where AgentRev mentions it being a 1.38 issue.

What I will also mention though is the carrying capacity seems to be messed up some people are saying. I have players that build loadouts from the virtual arsenal and when we try to recreate that loadout as their kit, it seems that there is blank space in their backpacks or uniforms, but they cannot add anymore items.

Perhaps the virtual arsenal capacities of items are different?

• Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

Re: 1.1 and vehicles / carrying capacity bug

« Reply #1 posted: Feb 05, 2015, 10:29 AM »
The vehicle sinking thing is related to the 1.38 update. Thank you BIS for messing up. Has nothing to do with Wasteland. There are several feedback tickets about this.

The inventory thing looks like it's related to the following. But as virtual arsenal is not advisable as we have stores in Wasteland and I have no idea how it works, I cannot help you with it.
https://github.com/A3Wasteland/ArmA3_Wasteland.Altis/issues/252
  • Offline Tokae
  • Geared Up

« Reply #2 posted: Feb 05, 2015, 02:31 PM »
Appreciate the feedback on this one also Loud! I have no idea about how the virtual arsenal works either. It was just something I passed along from players regarding their loadout kits. :)
  • Offline Blade
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #3 posted: Feb 05, 2015, 05:50 PM »
Adding to what tokae was saying, here is explanation of the problem.

If I go into the virtual arsenal and fill up my kit, I will be able to load everything except the 2 items. I have room for them in both vest and backpack BUT my player's maximum capacity indicates 99%. It would indicates that your players capacity is lower than your overall gear capacity. Just for references, lets just say your player can carry 100 units while your gear (i.e. uniform, vest and backpack) can carry 130. If it is the case, that would mean players do not need to focus on what they should wear to carry as much crap as possible, but rather focus on what will allow them to reach the player's max capacity (i.e. the 100 units mentioned above). Sounds realistic to me.

So far so good?

Then I jump into Wasteland with that specific loadout and my empty space into my vest and backpack. I go to a gun store and load that space with an extra rocket and extra scope. Doing this would indicate that my player's capacity is not 100 anymore but 130 (assuming my extra stuff bring me to 100% of the gear capacity).

So technically speaking, it looks like Wasteland allows more capacity than Arma3 itself.

« Reply #4 posted: Feb 19, 2015, 11:29 PM »
Allow me to fill in on Tokae and Blade.
I'm Inspecteur Clouseau, i do a bit of the work on our server.

What's wrong is there'e a bit of room in the backpack that the PlayerSetupGear.sqf file is not filling up. Some items are missing. I've tried switching the order so the biggest items would be added first and resulted in way too many items missing in the vest instead of backpack. So the problem does not lay in the backpack, vest or uniform. It's an overall carrying capacity that's full.
The link you posted is not directly related to our problem in my belief. There the problem lies in the backpack being full, but we can't fill the backpack. When I go to the store, i can only buy to fill the backpack when  I empty my backpack on the crate first. but when i put everything back, I also notice i can not put the last pieces in with the simple clicking. I have to Drag the items to the backpack on the inventory screen to create ssome sort of of forcing it in.
Also I've noticed that the goggles weren't getting on our faces, but they would be in our inventory when we die. I've been able to add goggles with <<_player addGoggles "G_I_Diving">> I'm not sure where the Original line of giving goggles is, enver found it in the playersetupgear.sqf or in the Get DefaultClothing.sqf. Bottom line of it is we have Always been carrying hidden inventory.

I hope This will give some more info to the issue. Feel free to mail me if you need more intel fast.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 posted: Feb 21, 2015, 07:54 PM »
Not sure if I read everything correctly, but it is possible that the inventory issues mentioned here are related to this: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21608

« Reply #6 posted: Feb 22, 2015, 10:51 PM »
Thank for the link. It looks like our problem. But i can't read the solution there. Where can i find it?

• Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #7 posted: Feb 22, 2015, 11:32 PM »
There is no solution, it's a game bug.

« Reply #8 posted: Mar 01, 2015, 02:54 PM »
What about the fn_forceAddItem.sqf file? It sais you're the author. Isn't that file supposed to deal with that problem, or is it not working for everything?
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #9 posted: Mar 02, 2015, 01:29 AM »
Yes, fn_forceAddItem was created as a workaround to the bug, which affects regular addItem and addMagazine commands. It is only used in store purchase scripts as of now.