• Developer
  • Veteran

v1.2 beta now available for testing

« posted: Jul 01, 2015, 09:17 PM »
https://github.com/A3Wasteland/ArmA3_Wasteland.Altis/tree/v1.2_beta

https://github.com/A3Wasteland/ArmA3_Wasteland.Altis/archive/v1.2_beta.zip

https://github.com/A3Wasteland/Release_Files/raw/master/v1.2_beta_config.zip

extDB2 migration
  • Delete your existing extDB libraries (Windows: extDB.dll, tbb.dll, tbbmalloc.dll / Linux: extDB.so)
  • Rename "extdb-conf.ini" to something like "extdb-conf_old.ini"
  • In the "extDB" folder from the Arma 3 root, rename the "db_custom" folder to "sql_custom_v2", and delete the "a3wasteland.ini" located inside; do NOT rename "extDB"
  • Put the new extDB2 libraries (Windows: extDB2.dll, tbb.dll, tbbmalloc.dll / Linux: extDB2.so) and the new extdb-conf.ini in the Arma 3 root
  • Put the new "a3wasteland.ini" in the aforementioned "sql_custom_v2" folder
  • Open the new "extdb-conf.ini" in a text editor, and adjust the connection settings in the [A3W] section at the bottom according to your previous settings from "extdb-conf_old.ini"

That's it. You don't really to use -mod with an "@extDB" folder, putting the libraries alongside arma3server.exe is sufficient. Also, if you plan on collecting debug info for me or Torndeco, you should keep the extDB2 debug libraries ready in a separate folder, so that you can easily swap them out with the regular ones if needed.

Vehicle textures migration (extDB)
  • Shutdown server
  • Run "vehicleTextures_jpg_to_paa.sql" on your MySQL database. If your database is not named "a3wasteland", adjust the "USE" statement accordingly.

Vehicle textures migration (iniDB)
  • Shutdown server
  • Open all the "A3W_Vehicles.ini" file(s) from the "db" folder in the Arma 3 root in your favorite text editor
  • Replace all (Ctrl+H) "\camo_fuel." to "\swamp." (without quotes)
  • Replace all "\camo_fack." to "\camo_orange."
  • Replace all "\camo_deser." to "\camo_red."
  • Replace all "\camo_pank." to "\camo_pink."
  • Replace all ".jpg" to ".paa"

Example in Notepad++

Vehicle textures migration (profileNamespace)

Wipe all data by deleting the "xxx.vars.Arma3Profile" file, there's no other way.
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

Re: v1.2 beta now available for testing

« Reply #1 posted: Jul 01, 2015, 09:23 PM »
Looking good Rev! Will get into testing as soon as possible. A lot of recoding on my side needed as you have fixed and added a whole bunch of cool things!
Thanks for the great work!

And thanks for the mention  :-*

« Reply #2 posted: Jul 02, 2015, 08:24 AM »
Just to be clear (as im a bit confused ;) ),

I read this the other day
No, extDB2_beta is 3 weeks behind work done on v1.2, also database is being updated to v2.04, added some stuff for time & weather saving and ghosting timer.

And interpreted that as this release wasn't for extDB2, but then i saw this
https://github.com/A3Wasteland/ArmA3_Wasteland.Altis/commit/df27efbca505b3139183b478fbf6498895a7fcc8

So is it for extDB2 or extDB? (everything i see point to it being extDB2)

Thanks

BTW nice work you put in here, like that mag repack and the nightvision addons are in per default =), also nice to see the essentials spawning option. All your work is much appreciated
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

« Reply #3 posted: Jul 02, 2015, 08:40 AM »
whahahah epic vehicle textures ..

nazi.paa and isis.paa xD

- from the grassy knoll -
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #4 posted: Jul 02, 2015, 03:27 PM »
So is it for extDB2 or extDB? (everything i see point to it being extDB2)

v1.2_beta is built upon extDB2_beta
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 posted: Jul 02, 2015, 06:20 PM »
Hi,

After UPDATE to 1.2 arma3server.exe closes, please help.

no logs no help

« Reply #6 posted: Jul 02, 2015, 06:23 PM »
This update also works for Stratis map?
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #7 posted: Jul 02, 2015, 06:26 PM »
I haven't released a Stratis version yet, otherwise it would be listed here.

« Reply #8 posted: Jul 02, 2015, 06:31 PM »
OMG  :-X, Just I realized it was just for Altis version after checking the missão.pbo .  :'( :'( :'(

« Reply #9 posted: Jul 02, 2015, 06:33 PM »
v1.2_beta is built upon extDB2_beta

Thanks =)
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #10 posted: Jul 02, 2015, 06:37 PM »
OMG  :-X, Just I realized it was just for Altis version after checking the missão.pbo .  :'( :'( :'(

If you swap the mission.sqm file and mapConfig folder with the ones from Stratis v1.1b, it should work, but without headless support. Also you'd probably need to replace all "Altis" to "Stratis" in description.ext, mission.sqm, and stringtable.xml

« Reply #11 posted: Jul 03, 2015, 02:07 AM »
If you swap the mission.sqm file and mapConfig folder with the ones from Stratis v1.1b, it should work, but without headless support. Also you'd probably need to replace all "Altis" to "Stratis" in description.ext, mission.sqm, and stringtable.xml
So what you are basically saying is that I could change those words to say, chernarus and it should theoretically work for chernarus?
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #12 posted: Jul 03, 2015, 02:15 AM »
So what you are basically saying is that I could change those words to say, chernarus and it should theoretically work for chernarus?

Well you need a mission.sqm for Chernarus, and custom lootspawner settings adapted for Chernarus buildings, but otherwise yeah it should work. However, it would only have vanilla Arma 3 weapons and vehicles like the Altis version.

« Reply #13 posted: Jul 03, 2015, 02:20 AM »
Well you need a mission.sqm for Chernarus, and custom lootspawner settings adapted for Chernarus buildings, but otherwise yeah it should work. However, it would only have vanilla Arma 3 weapons and vehicles like the Altis version.
Right. So I would make the usual changes that have been to the necessary files to adjust for ace3, RHS, HLC, and ACRE2 gear while removing stock weapons, gear, and vehicles.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #14 posted: Jul 03, 2015, 02:33 AM »
Right. So I would make the usual changes that have been to the necessary files to adjust for ace3, RHS, HLC, and ACRE2 gear while removing stock weapons, gear, and vehicles.

If you're going down that route, I would suggest looking at other people's A3W Chernarus missions, because converting the mission from vanilla to RHS gear is a shitload of work. This has already been done by lodac et al. for their TOPARMA mission, which was used as a basis by many server owners.