v1.2 beta now available for testing

• Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

Re: v1.2 beta now available for testing

« Reply #30 posted: Jul 08, 2015, 07:34 PM »
I am part of those that believe all cultures deserve to be offended equally. I consider all flags included in the mission to be both celebration and mockery thereof.
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #31 posted: Jul 08, 2015, 08:06 PM »
I'm not sure about some of the vehicle textures in this update, a nazi & Isis Skins ??

If players had the ability to make this themselves i'd boot them off the server until it was changed.
You can obviously remove them yourself. It's what I did :)
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary
  • co founder of customcombatgaming.com

« Reply #32 posted: Jul 08, 2015, 08:18 PM »
You can obviously remove them yourself. It's what I did :)

Yes i know that, but this is vanilla Wasteland, just surprised it was included that's all.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #33 posted: Jul 08, 2015, 08:44 PM »
Yes i know that, but this is vanilla Wasteland, just surprised it was included that's all.

The ISIS flag was added in honor of our little Islamic friend who complained about the suicide bomb, and the swastika was added as a result of trying to find another retarded flag.
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary
  • co founder of customcombatgaming.com

« Reply #34 posted: Jul 08, 2015, 09:07 PM »
The ISIS flag was added in honor of our little Islamic friend who complained about the suicide bomb, and the swastika was added as a result of trying to find another retarded flag.

Ah yes him, Lol fair enough Rev

« Reply #35 posted: Jul 27, 2015, 03:56 PM »
  Cannot help you but wanted to state that have also had this problem. Is there a solution?

AMMEND: I have isolated the logs and errors to a3wasteland.ini (sql_custom_v2) it does not want to load and returns following error:

ARMA 3 Log: 8:52:06 "[extDB2] ███ SQL_CUSTOM_V2 Protocol error! [0,"Failed to Load Protocol"]"
                       8:52:06 "[extDB2] ███ ERROR - Startup aborted"

DB2 Error log: [08:52:06:366 --5:00] [Thread 4980] extDB2: Database Type: MySQL
                        [08:52:06:384 --5:00] [Thread 4980] extDB2: Database Session Pool Started
                        [08:52:06:388 --5:00] [Thread 4980] extDB2: Failed to Load Protocol: SQL_CUSTOM_V2

**Another Amendment: I am running the latest extDB Pack offered on github. Version 12 of sql_custom_v2

• Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #36 posted: Jul 27, 2015, 04:25 PM »
What problem?

« Reply #37 posted: Jul 27, 2015, 04:57 PM »
 Heya Agent.

Sorry I hit reply without seeing the rest of the thread. I was having same probelm as the person above with the SQL_CUSTOM_V2 Protocol error! [0,"Failed to Load Protocol"]" issue.

Here is my post in entirety:

I have isolated the logs and errors to a3wasteland.ini (sql_custom_v2) it does not want to load and returns following error:

ARMA 3 Log: 8:52:06 "[extDB2] ███ SQL_CUSTOM_V2 Protocol error! [0,"Failed to Load Protocol"]"
                       8:52:06 "[extDB2] ███ ERROR - Startup aborted"

DB2 Error log: [08:52:06:366 --5:00] [Thread 4980] extDB2: Database Type: MySQL
                        [08:52:06:384 --5:00] [Thread 4980] extDB2: Database Session Pool Started
                        [08:52:06:388 --5:00] [Thread 4980] extDB2: Failed to Load Protocol: SQL_CUSTOM_V2

**Another Amendment: I am running the latest extDB Pack offered on github. Version 12 of sql_custom_v2

« Reply #38 posted: Jul 28, 2015, 03:18 PM »
Having issues with this.

Have invis vehicles on my server now. The below instructions, I run it yet nothing applies. a3wasteland is my DB, so these should work, right?

Any help is appreciated guys.

Vehicle textures migration (extDB)
Shutdown server
Run "vehicleTextures_jpg_to_paa.sql" on your MySQL database. If your database is not named "a3wasteland", adjust the "USE" statement accordingly.

I have nothing in this table however.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #39 posted: Jul 28, 2015, 04:44 PM »
I have isolated the logs and errors to a3wasteland.ini (sql_custom_v2) it does not want to load and returns following error

Post the extDB log, which should be located somewhere in extDB\logs at the root of your Arma 3 server directory

I have nothing in this table however.

What table?

« Reply #40 posted: Jul 30, 2015, 03:57 PM »
Post the extDB log, which should be located somewhere in extDB\logs at the root of your Arma 3 server directory

What table?
Server vehicles. I have vehicle saving off, why I assume this is.

Could it be this or perhaps it might be because I am using an old store config somewhere? I did upgrade piecemeal, brought a lot of my customizations over.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #41 posted: Jul 30, 2015, 05:36 PM »
If you don't save vehicles but have invisible ones, it means your storeConfig vehicle textures still have jpg extensions.

« Reply #42 posted: Jul 31, 2015, 01:47 PM »
 Heya Agent.

My error issue is resolved....

I figured fighting a conversion from old to new was redundant.

Instead to keep it simple for myself, I went and just did a full conversion over to the 1.2 and the new ExtDb. Worked like a charm.

I did want to ask, and I know your not a big fan of this...but any chance we would get those Zeus functionality codes you wrote for/with Badvolt updated? I was finding Zeus stuff was really making my server come alive and would like to repeat that. (wink-wink Nudge-nudge)

Either case, thanks for all the work and support the A3Wasteland crew has given me over the last few months.