Mission PBO and EXTDB

Mission PBO and EXTDB

« posted: Aug 06, 2015, 10:27 PM »
I have a well working PBO mission file, but it isn't using the extDB (at least I don't think it is)

My source directory has the EXTDB files in it (the dot ini ect, ect)

My question is - how do I convert a "profile" Mission PBO to work with my EXTDB?

I have what I thought would work, but it doesn't seem to load, you get the message that it start to initialize and my Infistar loads, but from there it just hangs up. As I'm watching it only one error pops up and it is a the Intro line 23 which only defines text and color and font. On my "profile" PBO it works 100%.

The second error that looks like it is spamming the log is

16:22:20 Performance warning: SimpleSerialization::Read 'messageSystem' is using type of ,'TEXT' which is not optimized by simple serialization, falling back to generic serialization, use generic type or ask for optimizations for these types

16:23:20 SetFace error: class CfgFaces.Man_A3.Mason_v2 not found

16:23:20 Error: Error during SetFace - class CfgFaces.Man_A3.Mason_v2 not found

At that point I shut the server down. I attached the PBO that I have been working on the past 4 days and want to convert to EXTDB.

If anyone has the time to see where I went wrong. I don't see a direct link to what makes it go from Profile to EXTDB (I know in the Server folder  - Default_Config you can change it, but once I change it it doesn't actually convert to EXTDB. I read up on the EXTDB read me file and I'm still at a loss.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

Re: Mission PBO and EXTDB

« Reply #1 posted: Aug 06, 2015, 10:59 PM »
You extract the contents of A3W_extDB_pack.zip in the folder where arma3server.exe is located, then write your MySQL infos in extdb-conf.ini, and it should work.

default_config isn't really meant to be edited, if you read the header you would've noticed that there is an external folder called A3Wasteland_settings with a main_config.sqf file to do just that.

Oh by the way, the current extDB pack is only compatible with A3W v1.2 and up, any version below will not work.

If you absolutely want to keep your old mission, you can get the old extDB pack here.

As a side note, please include the entire RPT log if you have problems with server startup. People's assumptions of what's wrong, are usually wrong.

« Reply #2 posted: Aug 07, 2015, 01:01 AM »
That is the one on my Server now, I guess I'm not understanding why it doesn't save to the extdb-confg,ini database that is listed.

Okay my first server when I got this was the default standard A3Wastelands with no mods. Then I started putting things in from Github, ended up finding one and just put that in place of my default A3W starter PBO. At that point the database was no longer being used (still not sure why).

If that makes any sense at all, LOL I'm a bit frazzled over this.

« Reply #3 posted: Aug 07, 2015, 03:49 AM »
The mission you got might not be compatible with extDB2, i suggest using the vanilla one (1.2 or later), get that working and then pick your addons/edits one by one and test in between.

For example if you take my shit, that isn't updated for a while and probably doesn't work very well "as is".

However you you are on a server that has all the features you like, that mission .pbo end up in your (usually) "C:\Users\whateveryourusernameis\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache" so if that server is setup using extDB2, that mission should work.

Then again its really better if you can figure out what is failing, that way you know next time...

« Reply #4 posted: Aug 07, 2015, 05:46 AM »
Thanks guys, I'm in the process of trying. And just totally broke everything :-/

This is going to a long night, time to make some coffee.

** Crisis avoided **

Manged to roll back to 1.1 with working ExtDB and now just have to configure all my addons.

You guys are awesome, again thanks for all the help!
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 posted: Aug 07, 2015, 06:08 AM »
Yeah well I'm going to sleep, in the meanwhile if you could post an RPT log that'd be great. It should tell the problem right away.

« Reply #6 posted: Aug 07, 2015, 05:58 PM »
Everything is sort of working - this is my Massively Large RTP file.

As I'm going through the errors I'm comparing the code with the default vanilla A3W to see if there is a difference.

Right now on LIne 114317 it states:

5:22:58   Error select: Type Object, expected Array,String,Config entry
 5:22:58 File mpmissions\__CUR_MP.altis\client\inventory\is_full.sqf, line 15
 5:23:15 Error in expression <his call mf_inventory_get;
_max = _item select 6;
switch (typeName _max) do {
ca>
 5:23:15   Error position: <select 6;
switch (typeName _max) do {
ca>
 5:23:15   Error select: Type Object, expected Array,String,Config entry

That code is exactly the same as the Vanilla version. What causes this error is the Drugs from the Drug Smuggler mission. What causes it, goto buy them at the general store and it doesn't go into your inventory (player menu side) it just keeps giving this error.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #7 posted: Aug 07, 2015, 06:11 PM »
I mean the arma3server RPT. And as I said earlier, extDB2 is not compatible with A3W v1.1, so if you're trying to use that with your current mission file then it won't work.

« Reply #8 posted: Aug 07, 2015, 07:56 PM »
I'm using the ExtDB not the ver 2.

I'll have to get it off my FTP once it allows me to, seems my host is having issues or something.

• Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #9 posted: Aug 07, 2015, 10:56 PM »

« Reply #10 posted: Aug 08, 2015, 09:33 AM »
Yes I figured that one out! Thanks!

Everything has been working as it should (once I got infistar to stop being stupid)

But now I use the Airdrop and all the crates it drops are locked. Mind you it wasn't like that but now all of a sudden it is. You can't access any of the supply drops because they are locked when they land.

I'm still looking into that one, no error messages anyplace.

« Reply #11 posted: Aug 09, 2015, 01:40 AM »
Seems everything is in order, thank you again

@Cael817

Question about your scripts, after a restart my base is no longer in lock down and all vehicles are unlocked. Any to make them by default locked?

« Reply #12 posted: Aug 09, 2015, 02:56 AM »
Hello, 3 in the night here, I'll try to help in the morning with a better answer, qouple of things you need to add for saving those "states"

« Reply #13 posted: Aug 09, 2015, 03:44 AM »
The other thing that has changed since I did this whole EXTdb the following weird things have happened.

1) Safes and Base locker don't retrain their pins

2) Safes even when locked you can access the money / ATM

3) AA Launcher don't lock on

4) All locked items upon restart become Unlocked.

5) Players can't see their marker / icon on the maps as well as some players can't see the icons marking ATMS on the map but can on the GPS.

I have looked ever every .SQF file and for the life of me I can't see why number 5 is happening, in the Config it is set to 1 to show player teammmates.

« Reply #14 posted: Aug 09, 2015, 09:18 PM »
Hi again, i wont be able to work with this as i wanted tonight nut ill see if i can find some time tomorrow evening (gmt +1).

But,

1. You need to have the password variable saved and restored with extDB, look at mine or Louds github and specifically the persistence files but as you are using extDB and not extDB som thing might differ so you have to compare how things are save d and restored, look at known variables like money, fn_getObjectProperties.sqf and oLoad.sqf is the most important. (ofc if you are using anything on vehicles you look at those counterparts).

2. I don't know if the "Safe" addon support locking of the money stash but if not you can probably add an exception in https://github.com/A3Wasteland/ArmA3_Wasteland.Altis/blob/master/client/items/cratemoney/can_access.sqf checking if R3F is disabled or if the "safe" is locked. something like this
Code: [Select]
case (_crate getVariable ["A3W_storeSellBox", false]): {};
but checking for another variable, preferably something like the "safe addon" sets when locked (i haven't used this addon, but loud can probably help more here)

3. Did this stop working suddenly or only with that particular mission you use, normally i press "T" for locking on but different settings ie. regular, veteran, mercenary etc might handle the lock on differently the easiest difficulty setting whatever it name is has lock on set to auto while the harder allow you to adjust that setting i belive. this setting is done in the servers "whateveruourserversusernameis.Arma3Profile", posibly you adden an addon that disables lock on.

4. Have no idea.....

5. I have an edited variant of drawPlayerMarkers.sqf like mine, where you need to have a GPS in the right slot to see other players icons and you have to be on their team or group(which to me is how it should be, it also leaves me with the option to remove the GPS if i don't want to be found  8) ), However i sometimes need to remove/add my GPS sometimes for it to work properly. Maybe you got a variant of that.
Mine looks like this (might be outdated)
https://github.com/Cael817/ArmA3_Wasteland_1.2_beta_SNF01.Altis/blob/master/client/functions/drawPlayerMarkers.sqf