filePatching

• Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

filePatching

« posted: Oct 02, 2015, 04:41 PM »
Hello everyone,

Most of you are aware of this, but in case you don't know, Arma 3 v1.52 has file patching disabled by default, meaning that clients and server cannot read external files, which are used server-side by A3W, extDB, and iniDB.

To solve this problem, you simply need to add -filePatching to your arma3server command line, and allowedFilePatching = 1; to your server.cfg.

This should normally allow the server & headless clients to read external files, but prevent regular clients from doing so, therefore leaving lil' scriptkiddies powerless.

If you have headless saving enabled, I think HCs also need to be run with -filePatching

Hope this clears up the confusion.

And also, as always I recommend having verifySignatures = 2; in your server.cfg, to block unknown mods.

Re: filePatching

« Reply #1 posted: Jun 08, 2016, 05:03 AM »
Something has happened to the file patching after the latest update our server doesn't seem to wanna access the external settings folder now and we have the filePatching included.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #2 posted: Jul 30, 2016, 06:04 PM »
Never use mod @folder for extDB, there is no need for it. Look at the README in the extDB pack on GitHub, you must follow every step to a tee.

https://github.com/A3Wasteland/Release_Files/raw/master/A3W_extDB_pack.zip

« Reply #3 posted: Jul 30, 2016, 06:10 PM »
Never use mod @folder for extDB, there is no need for it. Look at the README in the extDB pack on GitHub, you must follow every step to a tee.

https://github.com/A3Wasteland/Release_Files/raw/master/A3W_extDB_pack.zip
Thanks, I removed my post. I got it working now.  I was literally missing the ; after -mod=

Would I have to use -servermod=extdb then if not using @folder. Before you could just drop it and it would run. Now it doesn't seem so, which is why I just shoved it in an @ folder.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #4 posted: Jul 30, 2016, 06:13 PM »
Like I said, do not use -mod or -serverMod at all with extDB, it is not required and only causes trouble.
Follow the readme. Every step, from 1 to 6, no exception.

« Reply #5 posted: Jul 30, 2016, 06:19 PM »
Like I said, do not use -mod or -serverMod at all with extDB, it is not required and only causes trouble.
Follow the readme. Every step, from 1 to 6, no exception.
Gotchya. I just found it. Also what version is most stable? I have available to me 65 and 71, currently using 71, but I see a few custom calls not found. And I read on these forums to use v64 or something. Will 71 be ok to use? or what version do you recommend? Sorry to blast this thread, but you can delete it all if you like
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #6 posted: Jul 30, 2016, 06:21 PM »
It's written in the readme.

« Reply #7 posted: Jul 30, 2016, 06:24 PM »
It's written in the readme.

49 and up is vague. Especially with the updates the later versions got. Appreciate the quick response, thank you sir! Cheers!
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #8 posted: Jul 30, 2016, 06:28 PM »
Yes that means v49 and up are all recommended. The only version that should not be used is v65, that one was stank as hell.