ARMA 3 E-Sports

• Offline Mokey
  • Fractured Wasteland
  • Elite
  • Http://www.Fractured-Gaming.com

ARMA 3 E-Sports

« posted: May 16, 2016, 01:06 PM »
As a nearly middle aged, fat, bald, bearded, man, I sit here, watching Dora the Explorer with my daughter.

I seriously think I can speak Spanish now... that's besides the point.

Have any of you looked into each sports for arma? I got an email and I'm stoked for this. It's an E-sports section for arma. Something I've been waiting on for a while.

Here's the site:
http://esportsmasters.org/

The site is a little bit confusing to operate, but once you get it its easy. It's only CTF atm but I'm sure more game modes will come of it.

We downloaded the "official" maps and played a bit last night. Had a blast.

I feel E-Sports could really be fun in arma. Hope to see some of you guys in these upcoming tournaments.

Posts once, edits post 40 times in 60 seconds. STUPID FAT FINGERS!

https://github.com/Fractured-Gaming-Official/Frac_v1.3.Stratis

Re: ARMA 3 E-Sports

« Reply #1 posted: May 16, 2016, 07:29 PM »
I've been running a league site for more than 3 years. One of the reason why I established my ArmA 3 community is hoping one day I will host an ArmA 3 tournament.

In my opinion, in order for a game mode to contribute a successful tournament, at least following conditions should be met:

1. The game mode should be round-based and involves only two sides. A3Wasteland is out of question for this requirement.
2. The game mode should be fast-paced and thrilling. CTI is qualified in this regard.
3. The game mode should have a spectating system with shoutcasting GUI like the one in CS:GO, which is essential for shoutcasting.
4. The game mode should allow broadcasting. Broadcasting is essential for a successful tournament. CTI is out of question because streaming will reveal each side's base.
5. The game mode should have a stats system to record every player's performance, which can also be incorporated into shoutcasting.
6. If the game mode has a money system, it should be arranged like CS:GO's, where both teams start with a equal amount of money every round  and earn money by completing objectives or killing enemies.
7. The game mode should be pure PvP because there is no room for AI in esports.
8. A reliable Anti-Cheat system is a must. Having a screenshot function like pbss is a plus.
9. A replay recording funtion, which make dispute handling and frag video making possible.

BI invented a game mode called End Game for esports and hoped that it will be successful. They have even hosted a tournament for this game mode. But unfortunately the community didn't seem to accept it. I didn't paid much attention to it. It seems to me that this game mode involves AI, which is discouraging.