How to add more Territories

How to add more Territories

« posted: May 22, 2016, 01:24 PM »
Hey guys i build a small island next to the airport an i want to add this island as a capable territory. Is ist possible and which files do i need to edit?

Thanks

Re: How to add more Territories

« Reply #1 posted: May 22, 2016, 02:30 PM »
remember before editing any files make sure you back those up everything especialy the 3 files you need to edit

you need to take the mission.sqm add a MARKER around the capture area within the arma 3 editor i use 2d editor for it

edit marker to suit yourself either RECTANGLE or ELIPSE
give it size by adding AXIS A = 130 and  AXIS B 200 untill you get a size that your happy with

ANGLE you can rotate within the editor to suit yourself

Fill choose GRID Diagnal you can check your own markers to get the exact fill pattern
Color Yellow

add your marker and under NAME field give it TERRITORY_SectorB keep the red structure as its important and the yellow you can call it what you want

also you have to add something into the TEXT field Stratis Airbase / Sector B

https://i.gyazo.com/852ea2c6bc6266b515602d598249af56.png

now if you want it to be a TOWN also so players can spawn within that area and vehicles can spawn as well you will add another marker

shape = ICON
ICON = Empty
COLLOR = Black

NAME = Town_SectorB
TEXT = Stratis Airbase / Sector B

https://i.gyazo.com/3633823a494c90db7fee5fac4b22aeda.png

once you have saved the mission.sqm there is 2 more files you have to add this information 2 in the mapConfig folder

territories.sqf and towns.sqf

edit territories.sqf add this line above the last line of code that looks similar
["TERRITORY_SectorB", "Stratis Airbase / Sector B", 8000],

// edit capture money to suit yourself also remember its very important if you place this code as the last line doesnt have the , and if you add it to the last line it will break the territories easiest way is just add the line above the last line of similar code without the ,

edit towns.sqf add this line above the last line of code that looks similar
["Town_SectorB", 250, "Stratis Airbase / Sector B"],
// edit town size to suit yourself also remember its very important if you place this code as the last line doesnt have the , and if you add it to the last line it will break the territories easiest way is just add the line above the last line of similar code without the ,

now save all files repack them upload to server and try it out to make sure it works

hope this helps
  • Offline bolox
  • Mercenary

Re: How to add more Territories

« Reply #2 posted: May 25, 2016, 01:27 AM »
Nice detailed guide patpgtips,will follow this myself.

And Its all about the yorkshire tea!  ;)
Our 250 popular player rust server 1rule- Dont be a dick
www.nomercykillers.com