How to get maxping to work

How to get maxping to work

« posted: Jun 05, 2016, 05:12 AM »
I am probably being slow on the uptake but understand that maxping in BEServer.cfg does not work - https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190168-battleeye-rcon-new-settings-tutorial/

This will probably explain people with pings of over 1000 connecting. Is there anyway of re-enabling the max ping that anyone is aware of?

I will keep looking in the meantime to find an answer and post up the solution if I get one before anyone gets back to me.
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary
  • co founder of customcombatgaming.com

Re: How to get maxping to work

« Reply #1 posted: Jun 05, 2016, 01:40 PM »
I think it's been turned off for a reason I'm sure dwarden? Said something in a post somewhere
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary

« Reply #2 posted: Jun 05, 2016, 06:26 PM »

Found this --

BE's netcode changed, i.e. BE packets are now sent/received via the game's network protocol. This might cause problems for BE's ping calculation if the packet exchange is not fast enough (due to other traffic, etc.). As a result, unfortunately BE might no longer be able to provide such a feature in the future.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190196-rcon-ping-differs-to-ingame-ping/

« Reply #3 posted: Jun 06, 2016, 12:32 AM »
Probably explains why I am getting lots of people (with 500 ping or more) connecting fropm Thailand, Singapore or Brazil  >:(

« Reply #4 posted: Jun 06, 2016, 12:33 AM »
No way of restricting the server to certain countries is there?

« Reply #5 posted: Jun 07, 2016, 12:42 PM »
So what is everyone else doing to stop players from the other side of the world - with 4 digit pings - joining their servers?

In the past 24 hrs I have had people from Singapore, Thailand, Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, Russia and Austria.
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary

« Reply #6 posted: Jun 07, 2016, 01:00 PM »
So what is everyone else doing to stop players from the other side of the world - with 4 digit pings - joining their servers?

In the past 24 hrs I have had people from Singapore, Thailand, Brazil, Argentina, Columbia, Russia and Austria.

You can't as far as I'm aware

« Reply #7 posted: Jan 23, 2017, 12:41 PM »
We need max ping now, I'm getting ppl from all over the World joining my server and drags it down :(