Tanoa & Apex

Re: Tanoa & Apex

« Reply #60 posted: Jun 14, 2016, 01:59 PM »
@agentrev
which of your branches will be the one you do your commits primarly in future - altis oder tanoa? i think about doing a fresh fork and therefore want to use the right repo to fork off.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #61 posted: Jun 14, 2016, 08:47 PM »
which of your branches will be the one you do your commits primarly in future - altis oder tanoa? i think about doing a fresh fork and therefore want to use the right repo to fork off.

I will continue using the Altis repo, however I will sync the Tanoa repo regularly, it's very easily mergeable from Altis since they share the same commit history, unlike Stratis.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #62 posted: Jun 15, 2016, 12:06 AM »
I created a new "apex" branch on the Tanoa repo with the store config:

https://github.com/A3Wasteland/ArmA3_Wasteland.Tanoa/tree/apex

« Reply #63 posted: Jun 15, 2016, 11:09 PM »
I opened a feedback tracker ticket concerning missing thermal stealth unforms and ghillies for INDEP. as this is quite an issue in my opinion for wasteland.

hopefully we get a fix for this till tanoa release:
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117967
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #64 posted: Jun 16, 2016, 04:07 AM »
I have to say, I'm definitely disappointed by the X-32 Xi'an; its capabilities and armament are identical to the Kajman, except it's less maneuverable. I would've preferred it smaller and more maneuverable, with armament similar to the Blackfoot heli. Also the pilot can't lock-on Skalpels in manual fire. I'll probably lower the price a bit, because it's relatively pointless at the moment.

« Reply #65 posted: Jun 16, 2016, 12:13 PM »
Yeah it feels like a much faster and more stabel version of the Kajman but less maneuverable. I´m not sure how we will handel the price but i think we will set it just a bit more expensiv than the Blackfoot.

Also not sure about the new MQ-12 Falcon UAV. It seems that it´s unpossible for infantry to get it down without a launcher even a Lynx can´t destroy the main rotor.

After some testing: Better use a mingun than a HMG to get a Falcon down or you will die very soon.^^

« Reply #66 posted: Jun 16, 2016, 11:06 PM »
I will continue using the Altis repo, however I will sync the Tanoa repo regularly, it's very easily mergeable from Altis since they share the same commit history, unlike Stratis.
concerning stratis
if the code itself is quite similar on stratis you could try to merge it with altis. then discard all changes to files  and remove all new files. if you commit this empty entry afterwards you should be able to merge altis with stratis in future.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #67 posted: Jun 16, 2016, 11:18 PM »
concerning stratis
if the code itself is quite similar on stratis you could try to merge it with altis. then discard all changes to files  and remove all new files. if you commit this empty entry afterwards you should be able to merge altis with stratis in future.

This would pretty much double the total amount of commits, and potentially cause massive conflicts for everyone relying on the fork

Re: Tanoa

« Reply #68 posted: Jun 22, 2016, 09:36 AM »
Thumbs up, Agent!!  8)

I tried, too. But when entering the map, neither town- nor shop-markers will be shown.
GriffinZS you need to place Empty Makers with the name not the display name the name Town_1, Town_2, Town_3 ect and then write the towns in MapConfig\towns eg.   ["Town_#", RADIUS, "DISPLAYNAME/TOWN"],  and remember to place commas on all of them but the last I hope this Help's.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

Re: Tanoa

« Reply #69 posted: Jun 22, 2016, 06:42 PM »
GriffinZS you need to place Empty Makers with the name not the display name the name Town_1, Town_2, Town_3 ect and then write the towns in MapConfig\towns eg.   ["Town_#", RADIUS, "DISPLAYNAME/TOWN"],  and remember to place commas on all of them but the last I hope this Help's.

totally unrelated.

« Reply #70 posted: Jun 30, 2016, 11:34 PM »
Just one thing, thanks for all guys, very awesome work !  ;D

Frenchteamgaming.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #71 posted: Jul 12, 2016, 06:11 PM »
I opened a feedback tracker ticket concerning missing thermal stealth unforms and ghillies for INDEP. as this is quite an issue in my opinion for wasteland.

hopefully we get a fix for this till tanoa release:
https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117967

I don't know if they added them in the release, but if not, I will probably add exceptions to uniform code so that indies can buy and save enemy jungle ghillie & thermal suits. They won't be able to pick them up from the ground / corpses / crates, but at the very least they'll be able to acquire them.

« Reply #72 posted: Jul 12, 2016, 11:55 PM »
Edit: Wrong thread.