Persistent Issue since Tanoa

Persistent Issue since Tanoa

« posted: Jul 12, 2016, 08:25 PM »
Ever since the Tanoa patch I have been stuck at the "Welcome to A3Wasteland, Please wait for your client to initialize" screen.  I can open my character's inventory, shoot (I hear the sounds at least)/throw grenades, etc. but this screen doesn't appear to go away despite idling in game for an extended period of time.

Anything that can be done to resolve this? 

To be clear; I am a player not hosting the server or trying to set one up - other players appear to able to join this server fine.  Is there some issue with how my client downloaded the mod from this specific server.  It appears to be an issue isolated to A3Armory servers as other servers appear to work and this issue has persisted since a restart.

Re: Persistent Issue since Tanoa

« Reply #1 posted: Jul 12, 2016, 09:04 PM »
Have you posted this at a3armory.com? That would be the quickest response

« Reply #2 posted: Jul 12, 2016, 10:18 PM »
Just did, thank you.

Incase this ever gets hit by a search engine.  The standard solution is to go to your %Appdata% > Local > Arma 3 > MPMissionsCache and clear that of all files. 

If this doesn't work and verifying your game cache with steam doesn't either then the recourse appears to be to have  the admins wipe your character from their database.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #3 posted: Jul 13, 2016, 06:01 PM »
A3Armory servers underwent a massive database migration a couple days ago, it is possible some of the data was corrupted.

« Reply #4 posted: Apr 30, 2017, 05:33 PM »
I am experiencing this exact same issue (on our Tanoa server) after hiving the database of our Tanoa & Altis servers.

If anybody from A3Armory remembers this (especially a fix for it), please LMK.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 posted: Apr 30, 2017, 08:22 PM »
The black screen issue is caused by a large variety of problems, most of which need to be diagnosed using the arma3server RPT log. In most cases it's because the server admin was unable to follow the extDB pack instructions correctly.