Please help

• Offline Ltc-Bullet
  • First Blood
  • Founder of EZ Company Gaming

Please help

« posted: Sep 23, 2016, 07:47 PM »
Hello guy this may sound stupid but I'm a noob at all this I search all the forum before I make this post ....ok

I have a lot of mission (thanks to you guys Agent ,Creampie and other) but I have no clue how to add it to my server .I test copying the file and adding it to the Array setup but now no mission work ..can you guys help me on a tutorial how to add mission to my server ....thanks
  • Offline Ltc-Bullet
  • First Blood

Re: Please help

« Reply #1 posted: Sep 24, 2016, 10:11 PM »
Anybody .....please  :-[
  • Offline soulkobk
  • First Blood
  • soulkobk.blogspot.com.au

« Reply #2 posted: Sep 25, 2016, 08:30 AM »
Adding in missions to you mission.pbo file requires you have (some) knowledge of ArmA 3 scripting/coding practices.

It can be rather difficult (and daunting) to add missions (or custom scripts) into the mission.pbo, especially if you have no clue on what you are doing.

If you have no idea as to what you are doing, I suggest you learn (or find someone willing to help you).

As for the missions, everything is located within the "\server\missions\" directory. You will need to modify 'setupMissionArrays.sqf' (and maybe others) in order to get the new/additional missions to function. In saying that, if those custom missions use custom global function calls or such, then you will also need to modify other script(s) within the mission.pbo also to make them function.

As above, it is no easy task to just 'add in more missions' without prior knowledge on ArmA 3 scripting, and I am unsure on any tutorials on how to do so. Use the search function on this site, and/or google it to find out I guess.

You could always check another custom A3WL mission.pbo and see how they do it within the code structure and learn how to do it yourself, then implement it into your own mission.pbo.

You may be a 'noob' now, but learn it and you won't be. :)

-soul.

• Offline Ltc-Bullet
  • First Blood

« Reply #3 posted: Sep 25, 2016, 07:35 PM »
Hey I wanna thank you for the replay and the time to explain that to me ....well like you say you need to know arma coding to be able make or add mission or other stuff and I agree with you but if you create a mission and post it for people to use it or test it you can post the steps to follow for the installation of this ...but is ok I fix my i just need it to read little more and realize that arma coding is all about call and have a good time to test and fix error ....thanks one more time to all you guys that try to help other in here like me (noobs) but that's how it ....live and learn