Player Saving using iniDB

Player Saving using iniDB

« posted: Jul 06, 2014, 01:22 PM »
Hi all,

I've been trying to get this to work for the best part of a week reading and searching for help on google.

I've done the install script for the inidb, with the exclusion of -mod@inidbi <- where on earth does this go, I've tryed it on lauch settings for steam arma 3 when joining my server hosted on vilayer (yes I know people hate it, i've had no issues)

Can someone put me out my missery regarding this -mod@inidbi

Thanks

Re: Player Saving using iniDB

« Reply #1 posted: Jul 06, 2014, 02:10 PM »
You actually don't need inidb as a mod folder anymore (well theres a inidb.dll you need but see below)

if you get the A3W Persistense pack from https://github.com/A3Wasteland/Release_Files
Can be named something else in later releases and chuck the contents into your ArmaServer directory and adjust the  main_config.sqf to you liking and start the mission it should work.

« Reply #2 posted: Jul 11, 2014, 02:40 AM »
You actually don't need inidb as a mod folder anymore (well theres a inidb.dll you need but see below)

if you get the A3W Persistense pack from https://github.com/A3Wasteland/Release_Files
Can be named something else in later releases and chuck the contents into your ArmaServer directory and adjust the  main_config.sqf to you liking and start the mission it should work.

Can this be done with MySQL?
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #3 posted: Jul 11, 2014, 04:20 AM »

Nope, MySQL will not be integrated in the base mission.

« Reply #4 posted: Jul 11, 2014, 05:25 AM »

Nope, MySQL will not be integrated in the base mission.

So the Persistance script does not work with MySQL?
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 posted: Jul 11, 2014, 12:38 PM »
So the Persistance script does not work with MySQL?

It never has, except on select servers who have completely recoded the persistence system to use MySQL, but there are very few, if any.

« Reply #6 posted: Jul 26, 2014, 06:26 PM »
I'm running a dedicated server myself and what I understand was you only needed to put the inidb.dll in the main server folder and the persistence folder be present, but I was wondering since I don't get any error when starting my server, how does one save player with the equipment? I tried proning and then use the scrollwheel, but nothing pops up, does the server save it automatically when you logout or did I do something wrong?
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #7 posted: Jul 26, 2014, 06:53 PM »
You also have to turn on A3W_playerSaving in the config.

« Reply #8 posted: Jul 26, 2014, 06:56 PM »
That's turned on, everything is turned on in the main_config.sqf and no error or whatever it's not complaining that it's missing something in the init.sqf, but while proning there is no save player popup.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #9 posted: Jul 26, 2014, 07:01 PM »
Player is saved when you open the Esc menu, the proning stuff was removed long ago. It should say "Player saved" at the center-bottom of the screen if successful.

« Reply #10 posted: Jul 26, 2014, 07:02 PM »
Yeah lol just noticed it DERP! sorry! haha eventually I need to dig a little deeper to get vehicles to be saved, but atleast this is the beginning, btw Warchests are those being saved aswell once you press Escape? :)
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #11 posted: Jul 26, 2014, 07:03 PM »
Object saving is all handled server-side.

« Reply #12 posted: Jul 26, 2014, 07:05 PM »
So the warchest stays where it is if I leave the game, until the server restarts or what? Sorry to ask this much, but if this is the case then I'm happy for now :)
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #13 posted: Jul 26, 2014, 07:06 PM »
The warchest stays there forever until expiry, which is 5 days of mission uptime by default. You have to lock it for it to save, if it's possible to lock them (I don't remember well lol)

« Reply #14 posted: Jul 26, 2014, 07:07 PM »
Cool thanks! finally got this to work, it was the only thing that was irking me and couldn't get it to work, but now it works.