Just An Idea

Just An Idea

« posted: Oct 25, 2016, 07:55 PM »
Ok in the world of my crazy brain  ::)  ive had an idea.. Yeah i know "I Bet that hurt"  :P 

Looking at the access points script that can be found here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=31116  In some crazy manner could it be scripted to take you to another server?

The idea is for people with more than 1 server as i have Tanoa Wasteland And Altis Wasteland and if they visit an airfield in Tanoa and trigger the access point it could take them to the Altis server. And then have the same trigger to take you back to Tanoa from an airfield in Altis.

Why why why ?? I hear you all saying.

Just for fun as this has not been done as far as i am aware.

Then in the grander scale of things maybe link up Lots of servers .. (yeah pie in the Sky maybe)

But for now maybe just linking 2 servers would be cool.

Thanks for reading
  • Offline Mokey
  • Fractured Wasteland
  • Elite
  • Http://www.Fractured-Gaming.com

Re: Just An Idea

« Reply #1 posted: Oct 25, 2016, 07:57 PM »
Yes you can, add it to a mission. However you cannot allow it to connect to another server.
Posts once, edits post 40 times in 60 seconds. STUPID FAT FINGERS!

https://github.com/Fractured-Gaming-Official/Frac_v1.3.Stratis

« Reply #2 posted: Oct 25, 2016, 09:59 PM »
Mokey,

can you trigger a log off and a log on client side? like an on purpose battle eye restriction and then call a start ip server setting, again... I'm guessing...

Morgue!

« Reply #3 posted: Oct 25, 2016, 10:21 PM »
Mokey,

can you trigger a log off and a log on client side? like an on purpose battle eye restriction and then call a start ip server setting, again... I'm guessing...

Morgue!

im not an expert at all but i can see where you are coming from .. Anyone else see this ? or is it a none starter ?
  • Offline Mokey
  • Fractured Wasteland
  • Elite

« Reply #4 posted: Oct 25, 2016, 10:53 PM »
Mokey,

Morgue!

I am aware you can do a forcequit, similar to Revs code...

Don't Quote me on this, but...
As far as disconnecting, I am sure you can disconnect a player with an event handler, however once they are off of your server, your mission file is no longer called. Leading in just a disconnect.

What you guys are asking is a feature I have longed wished BIS would implement. But that's never going to happen. The closest thing they have is a rotating map.

However that isn't to say someone could make a client side mod that could potentially do the same... But man... that would be some work.

« Reply #5 posted: Oct 26, 2016, 09:58 PM »
ok, here is a start. This is very crude but will start whatever server you want without going through the launcher. I need a way for the server to call this batch on the client side. Anyone have any thoughts? this can be built into a client side mod...?

This needs to be called after the log off command from server #1

Code: [Select]
@echo off
::Stop Running Arma 3 Session
echo Teleporting to Tanoa
timeout 1
taskkill -im arma3launcher.exe
timeout 2
taskkill -im arma3.exe
timeout 10
:: Portal Script
:: Set remote launch of server
start "" /wait steam://connect/69.67.194.199:2303 // change this to the destination IP add 1 to your port number
echo Rematerializing in Tanoa
timeout 10
end

Now how to log off the user? What if the player goes to the portal placed in 2 locations on the island and it pops up a menu to transport to another server? It will launch the above script.

Morgue!
  • Offline Mokey
  • Fractured Wasteland
  • Elite

« Reply #6 posted: Oct 27, 2016, 01:27 AM »
everyone would have to download that Bat File. and have it set up in the proper folder.

As far as executing the bat via in game, I'm not sure how you would execute a bat file... however you may want to look at it a different way...
I have a server monitor, for arma, what it does it simply monitor Arma 3 with a EXE that was converted from a bat. then executes the restart.bat if it doesn't detect arma .

If players run that exe and you modify with an error exception in the restart.bat to reflect your bat or just use yours, then you figure out how to force quit, add an error exception to it... it should work.
https://github.com/MokeyII/A3W_ServerMonitor

It could very well work.

« Reply #7 posted: Oct 27, 2016, 03:24 AM »
Very true, I think the plus side to building a mod that everyone has to download is that if you want to use the portal, you can, and if you don't you can just click cancel when you come across it.

as for downloading, cant it be in the mission load at the load in? its a total of 347 bytes very very small.

I was envisioning a menu that would give you access to 2 other servers.

option 1 is to tele to server Altis
option 2 is to tele to server Tanoa (But only if you own the MOD)
option 3 is to never mind and continue play on Stratis

• Offline Mokey
  • Fractured Wasteland
  • Elite

« Reply #8 posted: Oct 27, 2016, 05:30 AM »
If it were a mod, then yeah... but again... I'm not sure how exactly you would do it though.

« Reply #9 posted: Oct 27, 2016, 12:21 PM »
so lets start with any script that calls a function on the client side. Rev or anyone know of a script that call a function on the client side from the server?

Morgue!
  • Offline Mokey
  • Fractured Wasteland
  • Elite

« Reply #10 posted: Oct 27, 2016, 12:29 PM »
extdb

« Reply #11 posted: Oct 27, 2016, 03:33 PM »
ok, but I was thinking something that did not require SQL as I am, well a monkey with 2 left hands a only 1 thumb.

If we could do something like an ammo box set at a point on the map when you activate the ammo box the inside script runs a function to the client side.

I found this that the mighty AgentRev himself has worked with. I know this will do it if we get the correct params set.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/remoteExecCall

Can I get a better explanation from some one. my understanding is just this side of getting it.

« Reply #12 posted: Oct 27, 2016, 03:50 PM »
wow this is great watching clever people trying to suss this out.. I can see the mechanics behind what you are saying but alas I cannot input anything ..
  • Offline eldrich
  • First Blood
  • 40-1 Clan

« Reply #13 posted: Oct 27, 2016, 06:40 PM »
wow this is great watching clever people trying to suss this out.. I can see the mechanics behind what you are saying but alas I cannot input anything ..

+1 reading the brainstorming is great for a noob like me gives me an insight into how peeps who no what there doing think like :)

« Reply #14 posted: Oct 27, 2016, 08:44 PM »
ok, here is a start. This is very crude but will start whatever server you want without going through the launcher. I need a way for the server to call this batch on the client side. Anyone have any thoughts? this can be built into a client side mod...?

This needs to be called after the log off command from server #1

Code: [Select]
@echo off
::Stop Running Arma 3 Session
echo Teleporting to Tanoa
timeout 1
taskkill -im arma3launcher.exe
timeout 2
taskkill -im arma3.exe
timeout 10
:: Portal Script
:: Set remote launch of server
start "" /wait steam://connect/69.67.194.199:2303 // change this to the destination IP add 1 to your port number
echo Rematerializing in Tanoa
timeout 10
end

Now how to log off the user? What if the player goes to the portal placed in 2 locations on the island and it pops up a menu to transport to another server? It will launch the above script.

Morgue!

im a noob but i can see what you have done there. so maybe it could be a possibility?, What could be done if it works have different items on both servers to complete missions. Maybe a launcher of some kind etc, you know what im getting at .. (Yes im running before i can walk) but it is good to see peoples input