Admin Tools

• Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary
  • co founder of customcombatgaming.com

Admin Tools

« posted: Nov 16, 2016, 08:46 AM »
No offence Rev at all but the vanilla admin tools are quite poor, especially player tags which generally show the wrong person, anyhow after i made a new GUI for the admin & PlayerSelect menu i've been adding some new tools so feel free to pick the bones out of these - https://github.com/ccgmatt76/Admin-Tools

It will require you to make a few edits along the way to have this work with vanilla and work out how you need to add back in the notify admin function if that's what you wanted.

* Vehicle Map Markers
* Map ESP
* ESP
* Vehicle God Mode
* Delete Cursor Target
* Repair Cursor Target
* Artillery strike on map
* Splendid free Cam
* Terrain Height Toggle
* Ai ESP
* Kick Target
* Remove Money from Target
* TP 2 me
* TP 2 them
* unlock and re lock base parts around you
* delete base parts 60m around you
* A new spectate function
  • Offline soulkobk
  • First Blood
  • soulkobk.blogspot.com.au

Re: Admin Tools

« Reply #1 posted: Nov 16, 2016, 09:41 AM »
Nice one Matt76.

TBCH, I think AgentRev (and other dev's) have kept the admin tools to a bare minimum for a reason... so that 'server admins' are unable to exploit/use them to their advantage... as I personally have seen many admins on many A3WL servers abuse their privileges.

Sure it's great for 'legit' admins, but a majority? minority? would abuse their privileges. I see that you have CCGLogger in the scripts also which I assume creates a log entry server side... but I doubt others A3WL hosts have any type of 'admin logging', so no real way of tracking who has done what.

If anything, for those that do want a decent 'admin tool-set' (with anti-cheat), infistar fits that slot quite well IMO.. but then 'admins' have to pay for its use... and many wouldn't want to.

I shall check these scripts out when I get time... thanks for sharing.

-soul.
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary

« Reply #2 posted: Nov 16, 2016, 10:27 AM »
Our logger feeds to a live web portal so all CCG admins can see each other's actions 24/7.

but yes I totally agree idiot admins ruin servers on all game types with or without Infistar tools but that's there issue not mine I'm just helping out those that I've seen asking for tools recently.

« Reply #3 posted: Nov 16, 2016, 06:09 PM »
I like these, I'll probably take most of them.

For delete cursor target I just made it an onKeyPress to make it easier to delete multiple objects. And from admin menu I just have an option to "Toggle Delete Mode". This way admins don't accidently delete stuff like store owners.
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary

« Reply #4 posted: Nov 16, 2016, 08:26 PM »
I like these, I'll probably take most of them.

Help yourself that's why I put them up dude,

The spectate function works lovely and makes watching players much easier :)
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 posted: Dec 19, 2016, 07:25 PM »
Just for the record, I did not make the vanilla admin tools, they actually date back from Arma 2 WL and have changed very little since. I haven't touched them much because I prefer to focus on stuff that players directly benefit from. Also I don't host servers so I rarely use them. The player markers option is obsolete, it's actually a feature from Arma itself. It only shows group leaders, not all players.
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary

« Reply #6 posted: Dec 19, 2016, 08:06 PM »
It wasn't a dig at you as i suspected as much Rev, i'm sharing this as an alternative to those that don't want to shell out for paid tools etc.

« Reply #7 posted: Jan 09, 2017, 12:36 AM »
Hello! How to install on Linux server can give detailed instructions? And then I change the folder Amin panel on my server and it won't start goes to the crash log!

« Reply #8 posted: Mar 06, 2017, 05:42 AM »
Hey Matt76!

Was wondering, I use a lot of these on my server but I was hoping I could have it Admin log these into the current default AdminLog in mySQL. I wanted to log the ESP but having a tough time figuring out exactly where I need to edit to make it log to the DB. Any help would be appreciated!

• Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary

« Reply #9 posted: Mar 06, 2017, 07:06 PM »
I don't log to the DB as mentioned in my OP, but just looking through how it logs in its vanilla form you can only log what it is the admin is doing and its current action i.e. Matt76 Spectating On and Matt76 Spectating Off

if that's all you want you could add this into the playerSelect.sqf here https://github.com/ccgmatt76/Admin-Tools/blob/master/Admin%20Tools/adminPanel/playerSelect.sqf#L69

Code: [Select]
if (!isNil "notifyAdminMenu") then { ["spectating", "On"] call notifyAdminMenu };
and add

Code: [Select]
if (!isNil "notifyAdminMenu") then { ["spectating", "Off"] call notifyAdminMenu };
here https://github.com/ccgmatt76/Admin-Tools/blob/master/Admin%20Tools/adminPanel/playerSelect.sqf#L237

« Reply #10 posted: Mar 06, 2017, 10:54 PM »
Yeah, basically I want to know when my Admins are using ESP on the server and have it report to the SQL Database. So like when admins give money, it says in the database "money"

Im really interested in how you setup your CCGLogger to report the admin actions onto a web portal. Id like to know what my admins are doing majority of the time. Just not skilled in SQF as much to do it myself. Only time will tell. :)

Thanks I'll give that a shot.
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary

« Reply #11 posted: Mar 07, 2017, 06:16 PM »
I have just updated the spawn beacon map markers to show who placed them, this is handy to know who has been glitching them in certain map locations like rocks and Tanoa buildings etc

https://github.com/ccgmatt76/Admin-Tools/commit/b4d67708e9b9880220d3c549f2e016847eb7f9c6