Track Objects

Track Objects

« posted: Jan 18, 2017, 04:03 PM »
We moved our Altis server to a dedicated server. We are having problems with tanks looking like this:

Does anybody know what would cause this on the server?

I don't see anything in the report so I don't understand what would cause this.

Does anybody have any clue?

Thanks in advance

Re: Track Objects

« Reply #1 posted: Jan 18, 2017, 06:35 PM »
Only idea: are u loading this mission via folder or pbo. If folder, the textures miss after restart. Only tanks or other vehicles, too? Are these vanilla tanks?

And: havn't u said u getting around 60 fps:o

« Reply #2 posted: Jan 18, 2017, 11:35 PM »
haha the server FPS is down as server is loading objects of course. The more objects we get on the map the lower FPS such as with vehicles that I'm now finding out.

This is happening after restart and started on the initial start up the server. I only load from PBO.Only happening with Vanilla track vehicles, Tanks and Artillery.

EDIT:

I just looked at the server report again and its not showing any missing textures.

Could this be a SQL issue?

EDIT AGAIN:

Okay I think I found the issue. Its showing in the report that the server cannot for example:

"Warning Message: Picture clientimagesvehicletextureshex.paa not found"

the folder/directory is there so I don't understand why the server cannot find a lot of textures. The texture files are in that directory. I have not even touched this directory.

« Reply #3 posted: Jan 19, 2017, 12:07 AM »
The texture files are in that directory. I have not even touched this directory

Nevertheless I would check these files. Are they really .paa or .jpg ..

« Reply #4 posted: Jan 19, 2017, 12:11 AM »
They are all .paa. I just copied AgentRevs DEV files and replaced mine. Still same ERROR on missing certain textures.

EDIT:

The track vehicles such as tanks and artillery that's suppose to have these missing textures, are the tracks that are missing their body and turret textures in game.

« Reply #5 posted: Jan 19, 2017, 12:18 AM »
Okay searched:

https://github.com/A3Wasteland/ArmA3_Wasteland.Altis/issues/202

let me test all this out.

EDIT:

Well it appears since I moved the server to another server this is the issue due to the netcode like AgentRev stated:

"I think I have found the source of the problem; it seems to be a bug in the netcode of the setObjectTextureGlobal command. When applying a mission-specific texture to an object, the absolute MPMissions path is added in front of the local path, and broadcast directly as-is to all clients. For the server, this might look like "mpmissions\A3Wasteland.Altis\client\images\vehicleTextures\nato.jpg". However, sometimes clients don't use the same path as the server to refer to the location of the mission, for example "mpmissions__CUR_MP.Altis"; the "cannot load texture" error happens when the paths don't match, which happens most often when the server runs the mission from a direct folder instead of a PBO, but I think it does sometimes occur even with a proper PBO."

« Reply #6 posted: Jan 19, 2017, 01:07 AM »
Did some more testing and its not only track vehicles but any vehicles that uses the custom textures.

Here is what I did, I retextured a few vehicles then I restarted the server. Again the textures are missing.

I think the issue can be that the serverowner ftp'd to the old server and copied all the files to the root of the drive in server2 folder. And, like AgentRev stated there is a netcode issues with absolute paths. IMHO I think something somewhere is being cached and the server is looking at this cached file then using the absolute path to these textures. So, Arma 3 server cannot find these files because of this.

I am going to test on restructuring the whole Altis server BIS files (copy a fresh install) then try it this way. I will report back.

« Reply #7 posted: Jan 19, 2017, 03:29 AM »
Well I decided to wipe the sql database of all saved vehicles to test out if this is the problem. Will restart server in a few minutes after I purchase a new vehicle with a custom texture to see if it fixed it. If so then we know its a sql issue.

This is what I was getting on report. This is only a few missing textures and how it appeared. What bothers me was the line before the missing textures being reported. 18:03:29 "[extDB2] Sleep [4]: 439.657":

Code: [Select]
18:03:29 "[extDB2] Sleep [4]: 439.657"
18:03:35 Warning Message: Picture clientimagesvehicletextureshex.paa not found
18:03:36 Warning Message: Picture clientimagesvehicletextureshex.paa not found
18:03:36 Warning Message: Picture clientimagesvehicletexturesdrylands.paa not found
18:03:36 Warning Message: Picture clientimagesvehicletexturesdrylands.paa not found
18:03:37 Warning Message: Picture clientimagesvehicletexturesdrylands.paa not found
18:03:37 Warning Message: Picture clientimagesvehicletexturesdrylands.paa not found
18:03:37 Warning Message: Picture clientimagesvehicletexturesdigi_black.paa not found
18:03:37 Warning Message: Picture clientimagesvehicletexturesdigi_black.paa not found

BTW Griffin here is my FPS on the server without all the saved vehicles and with saved bases... ;)

https://s23.postimg.org/qxcg9y163/20170118212148_1.jpg
Track Objects

« Reply #8 posted: Jan 19, 2017, 03:57 AM »
Well its in fact sql database causing this problem. I deleted all saved vehicles from the database then restarted server, purchased two tanks with custom textures then shut down server, then restarted. Everything works fine. So it is in fact a extDB and/or mysql database issue.

« Reply #9 posted: Jan 19, 2017, 05:10 AM »
Okay did some more testing and this is what is happening whenever I use the Schema Transfer Wizard within MYSQL Workbench.

Here is an example FIELD of the old database file:

'[["client\images\vehicleTextures\hex.paa",[0]]]'

In the new database file that I copied/transferred it shows this in the FIELDS:

'[["clientimagesvehicleTextureshex.paa",[0]]]'

So the \ are being left out. How do I correct this whenever I transfer the schema?

« Reply #10 posted: Jan 19, 2017, 06:27 AM »
Okay well it looks like the database during transfer took a dump and after talking with AgentRev its not good to transfer databases "live".

Its better to just dump the data then import it into the new database.

So if anybody ever has this issue check your database.

« Reply #11 posted: Jan 19, 2017, 06:42 AM »

BTW Griffin here is my FPS on the server without all the saved vehicles and with saved bases... ;)