Tonic Invented wasteland

Tonic Invented wasteland

« posted: Dec 06, 2014, 09:29 AM »
Tonic invented wasteland on ARMA 2. I was there when the first wasteland server went up. I have seen nothing on this site mentioning him. Sa Matra ripped him off by reverse engineering the scripts. Funny how this group is on make arma not war trying to pass off someone else's work as their own. Tonic getting screwed over by Sa Matra and the community is why he has Altis/stratis life on lock down. I know he doesn't give a crap anymore and moved on, but it is still ridiculous people are try to make money off his work now.
  • Offline JoSchaap
  • Developer
  • Mercenary
  • Had a life.. Got a modem.. (~1996)

Re: Tonic Invented wasteland

« Reply #1 posted: Dec 06, 2014, 01:16 PM »
Hello John,

Welcome to our forums, mainly used for discussing the development of the A3Wasteland misison.

Tonic has been in the credit's of the missionfile even before we decided to team up on this.

To be more specific one of my first edit's of the 404 variant  when starting on GoT wasteland v1 was adding them to the credits..

And even now he is still in the credits of both missions
We have asked his written consent on entering in the ManW competition, where he's also creditted..

http://i.imgur.com/fD1Gmik.jpg
Tonic Invented wasteland

We don't have anything to do with A3Life, nor do we encourage anyone to make money of the missionfile as it violates Bohemia's terms of usage.

I really want to know where you got the information of us making money from this misison file..
Because to be honest the forums and website are even costing us money, and we've never asked for anything in return.
And even up intill christmass 2014, we didn't even accept donations of any kind..

You seem to be completely misinformed.. If you need any more information, please let us know :)
  • Offline Richie
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #2 posted: Dec 06, 2014, 07:38 PM »
There is a post where members wanted to donate a few £/$ to Jo and Rev, they declined.
Not even some beer tokens, someone got his facts wrong  :)

Required addons are @Epoch & @allinarmaterrainpack
  • Offline pippen
  • Wasteland Warrior
  • First Blood

« Reply #3 posted: Dec 07, 2014, 06:18 PM »
I mean when people release their code on the internet they must know that others will look at it and learn, and yes some even steal and make it to be theirs. I'm happy that A3 is'nt treading on anyones hard work to call it their own, and releasing their version of this wasteland to the public...unlike some people, but hey thats their choice. On a sidenote what happend with BobbyDigital's KOTH? Did he give it over to Sa-Matra or what? I only hear rumors and notice all of his servers are gone. I really liked his missions he made!
  • Offline JoSchaap
  • Developer
  • Mercenary
  • Had a life.. Got a modem.. (~1996)

« Reply #4 posted: Dec 08, 2014, 12:36 AM »
I really don't think this forum is the platform for such a discussion. :)