Admin Menu Problems

Admin Menu Problems

« posted: Mar 18, 2017, 03:24 PM »
EDIT: The issue was a rogue comma at the end of the list of UID's, Thanks to Matt76 for identifying it :)

Hello everyone, I've recently sent the below message to Matt76, who released the admin menu that I want to use on my server.

Hey Matt76, i've recently decided to use your menu from the forums in the server i'm making. I have gotten the menu to open: I log in as admin. Press "U" and the menu opens. BUT the functions do not work, clicking on any one of them does not do the function it is supposed to. I HAVE put in my UID. I'm not sure if I installed it wrong or if there are some steps that I have not taken that I am supposed to to make it work. I'm completely new to this and have no idea what it is i'm doing to make everything work, I would greatly appreciate any help you could offer. I would also like to know if it is possible to have multiple admins logged into the server, or how to give multiple select people access to the menu when on the server.

Thanks, Dultak.

I was thinking I ought to open the question to the whole of the forums to open the discussion and get more information on my problem. As said above, I am as new to this as you can get, but I have gotten very far in the development of my server, with the last step being the implementation of a functioning admin menu. To go more in depth, I would really appreciate a simple guide to installing the admin menu--such as where to put which folders and files-- so I can limit the array of possible knots that need to be worked out.

And to go ever more in depth:
I'm using the default wasteland mission, joining my server's ip is like joining any other wasteland server, there are stores that work, missions that appear, and cars that spawn around just like a normal wasteland server I could join. Everything is working as it should, except for the admin menu problem I have mentioned above. I should also mention the same thing happened with the default wasteland admin menu, I could log in as admin, press "U", the menu would appear, but the functions would not work or do anything. I hope that all of this makes sense, and thanks for the help.
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary
  • co founder of customcombatgaming.com

Re: Admin Menu Problems

« Reply #1 posted: Mar 18, 2017, 03:48 PM »
Can you post your admins.sqf here pls

« Reply #2 posted: Mar 18, 2017, 04:16 PM »
Can you post your admins.sqf here pls

This file is from Wasteland_settings, the other one in the mission directory is identical.
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary
  • co founder of customcombatgaming.com

« Reply #3 posted: Mar 18, 2017, 04:51 PM »
Code: [Select]
// High Administrators: manage & spectate players, remove hacked vehicles, show player tags
highAdmins =
[
"76561198131699548", // Nick H
"76561198046673196", // Eli D
"76561198126907696", // Myles G
];

you need to remove the , after Myles steam 64bit number

Code: [Select]
// High Administrators: manage & spectate players, remove hacked vehicles, show player tags
highAdmins =
[
"76561198131699548", // Nick H
"76561198046673196", // Eli D
"76561198126907696" // Myles G
];

but also if you are using my tools then put everyone in the serverOwners array

« Reply #4 posted: Mar 18, 2017, 05:09 PM »
Yep that fixed it!
You sir, are a godsend. Thanks a million