A3 Wasteland Chernarus a How to REQUEST

A3 Wasteland Chernarus a How to REQUEST

« posted: May 10, 2017, 06:19 PM »
How on earth do I create a Chernarus map? I read in one post that you just rename the A3Wasteland.Altis.pbo mission to A3Wasteland.Chernarus.pbo.

1. Download the CUP Terrains Core, and CUP Terrains Maps.
2. Extract the PBO.
3. Open it in ARMA: editor.
4. Save the changes.
5. Re-pack the PBO.

Also add this to the serverside? @CUP_Terrains_Core;@CUP_Maps;

But No Go. The mission starts but the map runs Tanoa instead? I have entered A3Wasteland.Chernarus as the mission to use. Please can someone please help me?

Re: A3 Wasteland Chernarus a How to REQUEST

« Reply #1 posted: May 26, 2017, 08:30 PM »
You cannot change PBO name. It doesn't work like this. You have to extract the contents of the PBO is like a zip file but BIS's way of packing everything up into one file. You will then see .Altis, .Tanoa or whatever map it is as a folder.

From here you can change .XXX to the proper name of the map you want to use. I don't know exactly what Chernarus map name actually is.

Then you have to open the map in Eden and move all the stores, mission markers and everything else in the right places.

As for using @Cup stuff its not a serverside mod, its a client side so clients must have it. The -serverMod parameter means only the server needs the mod, not clients.

Its not simple as you think but its simple once you understand what you have to do. It actually takes me about 2 weeks to convert a map to Wasteland if I work on here and there. I've converted 2 maps so far, Australia and Taunus but Taunus was a failure due to the map itself having way too many bugs in it. Australia is a good map but its huge and doesn't have a lot of forests which is lacking IMHO.
  • Offline hobart
  • First Blood

Re: A3 Wasteland Chernarus a How to REQUEST

« Reply #2 posted: Jun 07, 2017, 10:33 PM »
https://github.com/hobart666/ChernWasteland This is my old Chern wasteland, it will have to be updated to the latest vanilla Wasteland commits.. Have fun!