Taunus Map

Taunus Map

« posted: May 18, 2017, 02:34 AM »
Is there anybody here using Taunus map besides me on Wasteland?

The reason I am asking is because we are having issues locking down objects outside the map boundary, the area that is in the black that's shown on the 2d map (M Key). It appears the further you get from the map itself the harder it is to lock down objects, pick up objects to carry them and pretty much anything with base building and locking down objects.

If you stay within the map everything works great so I am wondering is this a Arma 3 engine limitation on way maps are created.

Re: Taunus Map

« Reply #1 posted: May 18, 2017, 05:44 PM »
Disregard I've decided to scrub Taunus as there are other issues. One example is at the airport. If you drive on the pavement or runway your tires go through the pavement. Then as you are driving BOOOOOOOM you will explode.

Taunus is one of the best great eye candy maps I've ever seen in Arma 3 but after reporting this issue to the creators they stated they are not going to be doing any more updating to Taunus.

What is the point of having "great eye candy" of a map if things on the map have issues and you decide not to do any updates to it to fix these issues? What is the point of releasing a map that is unfinished? It appears some of these terrain/map makers have the same mind set as BIS!!!!

So, I wasted a good month on converting this map to Wasteland so forward, time to find another custom map to convert.