Player and item spawn positions.

Player and item spawn positions.

« posted: May 24, 2017, 03:54 PM »
Hey folks i have a little problem on the server, firstly thanks to WhatsUpDoc for the help with my server and editing .

Ok the problem is when players spawn in there is a chance they spawn in the bottom left corner of the map, default 0,0,0. also there are loads of vehicles and loot items also spawning in this are, as i am not a coder i am struggling to find out what the error is, i have attached the RPT file in case that helps identify the problem. Altis patrol mission is also spawning in this area ?

Any help is appreciated guys

Re: Player and item spawn positions.

« Reply #1 posted: May 26, 2017, 06:02 AM »
Just curious the first thing I noticed in your RPT is this:

Code: [Select]
"D:\steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3_x64.exe" -connect=206.221.182.114 -port=2802 -mod="
In your report you have arma3_x64.exe and it should be arma3server_x64.exe or arma3server.exe depending if you are using Arma 3 server that comes with the game or the server files downloaded in Steam in the Tool section.

It appears from this line you are using Arma 3 and not the server. Another thing you have -mod= and there is no mod written in after. You need to add a mod or delete this line.

I don't know about othersd but I never was able to run Wasteland in Arma 3 where you "Create a server". Its not the same as a dedicated server. So your best bet and most likely a fix is to run Wasteland in arma3server_x64.exe or arma3server.exe. You can use Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool or write your own CMD.bat and use that to start the server. I use Tophe's Arma Dedicated Server Tool here at home to test my maps and have no issues with it whatsoever.

Are you using extDB3? I don't see any -serverMod="extDB3" parameter in your RPT...

I remember everything you mentioned above doing this to me last year and it was because I was trying to run Wasteland in Arma 3's "create server" which does not work well. I had a second PC that was not being used so I just use it now as a Arma 3 test server. Hope this helps.

Re: Player and item spawn positions.

« Reply #2 posted: May 28, 2017, 01:08 PM »
Hey doc thanks for the reply, i am running a dedicated server, i lifted the logs from my D; drive.

I found out the issue eventually i had additional towns in the script file that i had made on a previous altis map and then removed on this version, i hadnt removed the towns from the script so the server was still spawining the vehicles in for the additional towns.

Only thing i cannot get working now is the vehicle towing, the server script is there and looks fine and i have checked it against other server files and it all looks good, just cannot tow in game now.

Cheers
Dog