Reminder to Serveradmins: Use Battleye Filters

Reminder to Serveradmins: Use Battleye Filters

« posted: Oct 08, 2014, 11:41 AM »
As I overlooked that there are custom Battleye filters for A3Wasteland I think that also other admins might have missed that.

You can download them here:
https://github.com/A3Wasteland/Release_Files/tree/master/BattlEye

For BattleEye, please put the .TXT filters from the BattlEye folder of this repository in the BattlEye folder of your server, which is located where your .RPT log files are at.
By default, this folder should be at "%LocalAppData%\Arma 3\BattlEye", or in the folder defined by the "-profiles" option of your arma3server.exe shortcut.
If you are unsure, simply add "-BEPath=BattlEye" to your arma3server.exe shortcut, and place the .TXT files in the BattlEye folder where arma3server.exe is located.
It is recommended to only use the filters provided with this mission, as those from other sources may cause false positives.

After you placed the filters (and reloaded/restarted Battleye) there might be some log-files created in the folder with the filter files.

Check this logs regularly for script kiddy actions and ban them. By default offenders are only kicked or logged and never banned. This is your task.

There is also a Community Banlist you can share your bans with, if you ban players because of cheating:
http://cbl.napf-hosting.de/

Here is a thread about functionality of this tool:
http://www.altisliferpg.com/topic/3810-tool-altis-global-banlist-share-hackers/

Be aware that Battleye will not find everything because it is so easy in Arma to circumvent the protections. But at least the script kiddies who don't know what they do get banned that way.
  • Offline lodac
  • Hardened
  • TOP Arma Server Admin

Re: Reminder to Serveradmins: Use Battleye Filters

« Reply #1 posted: Oct 14, 2014, 08:38 PM »
Also, It is recommended by Dwarden since 1.32

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg#Server_Security

ATTENTION: all 3 settings are now active, remember it's opt-in, so you need add those into your server.cfg files !

Code: [Select]
allowedLoadFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"}; //only allow files with those extensions to be loaded via loadFile command (since Arma 3 build 1.19.124216)
allowedPreprocessFileExtensions[] = {"hpp","sqs","sqf","fsm","cpp","paa","txt","xml","inc","ext","sqm","ods","fxy","lip","csv","kb","bik","bikb","html","htm","biedi"}; //only allow files with those extensions to be loaded via preprocessFile/preprocessFileLineNumber commands (since Arma 3 build 1.19.124323)
allowedHTMLLoadExtensions[] = {"htm","html","xml","txt"}; //only allow files with those extensions to be loaded via HTMLLoad command (since Arma 3 build 1.27.126715)

TOPArma Mission - Share your mission on GitHub

« Reply #2 posted: Oct 15, 2014, 06:05 AM »
it's possible BE ignore admin actions?
  • Offline lodac
  • Hardened
  • TOP Arma Server Admin

« Reply #3 posted: Oct 15, 2014, 08:04 AM »

Are you using BEC (iBattle.org)? Could you provide a little bit more information as to what you are experiencing and what you want accomplished?

TOPArma Mission - Share your mission on GitHub

« Reply #4 posted: Oct 15, 2014, 03:53 PM »
Yes, i'm using BEC. I'm adding Zeus to provide more customize missions, and when creating Vehicle get kick. If try create Vehicle using proving grounds get Kick also.
I can create new units using Zeus, but don't work to Vehicle.

Are you using BEC (iBattle.org)? Could you provide a little bit more information as to what you are experiencing and what you want accomplished?
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 posted: Oct 15, 2014, 04:12 PM »
You should edit your createVehicle.txt.

I changed all the 7's to 1's because I had this too. With 1 there is no kicking just logging.

Code: [Select]
// A3Wasteland - createVehicle.txt BattlEye filters by AgentRev, JoSchaap, and k4n30

// Vehicles

1 "_(APC|Boat|Hatchback|Heli|MBT|MRAP|Offroad|Plane|Quadbike|SDV|SUV|Truck|UGV|Van)_"
1 "_(HMG|GMG|Mortar|static_AA|static_AT)_" !"(weapon|support)_(high_)?F"
1 "_(Lifeboat|Rubberboat)"
1 "_UAV_" !"_UAV_(AI|01_)"

// Ammo boxes

1 "^Box_"
1 "_supplyCrate_"

// Civilian & guerilla units

1 "^C_"
1 "^[BOI]_G_"

// Buildings & objects

1 "^Land_" !"Land_(Money|Basket|CanisterPlastic|Suitcase|CanisterFuel|CanisterOil|CashDesk|Can_V3|TentDome|BottlePlastic_V2|BakedBeans)_F"

« Reply #6 posted: Oct 16, 2014, 01:00 AM »
Thanks LouD,

But there is a way to kick other players and don't kick admins?

You should edit your createVehicle.txt.

I changed all the 7's to 1's because I had this too. With 1 there is no kicking just logging.

« Reply #7 posted: Oct 18, 2014, 01:31 PM »
But there is a way to kick other players and don't kick admins?
I'm not aware of a way to whitelist players to prevent battleye kicks. this could be an attack vector for script kiddies - so it is a good thing that this possiblity isn't there.

What you could do is modify the filters in a way that the commands your are specifically using are not kicking you.

Eg:
7 "^Land_" !"^Land_(BakedBeans|BarrelEmpty|BottlePlastic_V\d|CanisterFuel|CanisterOil|Can_V\d|CashDesk|Money|Suitcase|TentDome)_F"
This line from createvehicle.txt means:
7 "^Land_"
Kick for every vehicle which starts with
Quote from: regex:startswith
^
the string "Land_".

Exceptions:
!"^Land_(BakedBeans|BarrelEmpty|BottlePlastic_V\d|CanisterFuel|CanisterOil|Can_V\d|CashDesk|Money|Suitcase|TentDome)_F"
But don't kick
Quote from: Not
!
if it starts with "Land_" followed by BakedBeans or
Quote from: regex:or
|
BarrelEmpty or ....

If you look at the logs why it is kicking you exactly you can allow your needed functions by extending it to your needs.

« Reply #8 posted: Oct 24, 2014, 07:14 PM »
after i put this files in the Battleeye Folder this Happends

http://forums.a3wasteland.com/index.php?topic=605.0
  • Offline Mokey
  • Fractured Wasteland
  • Elite
  • Http://www.Fractured-Gaming.com

« Reply #9 posted: Dec 17, 2014, 04:53 PM »
sweet
Posts once, edits post 40 times in 60 seconds. STUPID FAT FINGERS!

https://github.com/Fractured-Gaming-Official/Frac_v1.3.Stratis
  • Offline psg
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #10 posted: Jul 16, 2016, 07:42 AM »
Can you make an exception somewhere so that admins dont get kicked for spawning in vehicles etc?
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #11 posted: Jul 16, 2016, 05:19 PM »
Can you make an exception somewhere so that admins dont get kicked for spawning in vehicles etc?

It's simple, you remove the createVehicle.txt filter. BattlEye doesn't know who is admin or not.
  • Offline psg
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #12 posted: Jul 17, 2016, 08:56 AM »
It's simple, you remove the createVehicle.txt filter. BattlEye doesn't know who is admin or not.

Cool. Thanks for that