CCG CustomCombatGaming A3 Wasteland

• Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary
  • co founder of customcombatgaming.com

Re: CCG CustomCombatGaming A3 Wasteland

« Reply #15 posted: Jun 25, 2017, 03:46 PM »
the VA has a TON of code issues and the initial VA i set up was a massive pain in the ass to get the filters to work ><

some objects also caused saved VA loadouts to not load so hard to debug that crap too ><

Nice job ! it's all looking pretty sweet

hey dude hope you are well

indeed it's horrid and the worst decision i've ever made was introducing it, i tried to removed it several times but had so many tiers i nearly drowned. the biggest issue is this https://feedback.bistudio.com/T79336

oh well :)
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary

« Reply #16 posted: Jul 10, 2017, 12:21 AM »
Had a bit of a server change we now have Tanoa and Malden missions running, Stratis was fun but the popularity of our Malden server was killing it not to mention the players who wanted to play our mission on a bigger map.
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary

« Reply #17 posted: Jul 19, 2017, 08:52 PM »
Reverted back to Stratis, Tanoa was just not working out.

So we now have Stratis and our hugely popular Malden server up.

« Reply #18 posted: Aug 28, 2017, 06:45 AM »
I've spent quite a lot of time on Malden recently and I'm convinced the wasteland players will love it. It does irk me when people who have never been on Malden compare it to Stratis two totally different maps in either size or content
I like madden because its in between the size of stratis and tanoa, and I feel that is the perfect size honestly.

« Reply #19 posted: Oct 02, 2017, 01:18 PM »
I like madden because its in between the size of stratis and tanoa, and I feel that is the perfect size honestly.

I second your opinion. It is most definitely the perfect size.
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary

« Reply #20 posted: Nov 11, 2017, 01:40 PM »
Just popped by to inform you all that we will not be renewing the wasteland box and that we will stop running this game mode very soon.

I have also lost all interest in arma 3 so with that and dwindling supporters it's time to call it day.

« Reply #21 posted: Nov 11, 2017, 09:29 PM »
so what game will you be running in the future? shame your servers were always popular.. maybe you should renew and rent it to another clan  ;D   im sure someone would like a popular server that fills everyday .. hell i would :P

« Reply #22 posted: Nov 11, 2017, 11:38 PM »
Sorry to see you guys go:(

Matt, you've always been amazing help around here especially with us noobs who are clueless a lot of the time. Personally, I know that a good deal of what I've learned is from the attention and detail you have put into troubleshooting along with everyone else in the wasteland community. Wasteland will continue to remain the favorite game-type for many players who still call Arma home thanks to the work done by yourself and others keeping communities running.

Hope your endeavors go well on the outside!

We're all going to miss you and your servers!

Sincerely,

ShineDwarf & Fractured.
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary

« Reply #23 posted: Nov 12, 2017, 10:36 AM »
Cheers, the 4 years I've been dabbling with arma has taught be me a great deal and gave me the confidence to learn SQL which is what I do as a profession now so can't complain.

When I get some free time I'll stick everything on git hub and maybe some of you will find use for it

Take care

« Reply #24 posted: Nov 13, 2017, 12:32 PM »
PM'd You Matt  :)

« Reply #25 posted: Nov 14, 2017, 03:04 PM »
Sorry to hear that Matt, you're a great person and you run some great servers, I did the same thing a few weeks ago, under the realization that BI has some money woes and that ARMA 4 will never happen unless its funded by a gofundme. I have placed my interest in other projects and family.  I shut down G4 and 1st Recon. servers. Good luck Matt and A3wasteland

« Reply #26 posted: Nov 14, 2017, 05:48 PM »
thats a shame chap, we need more wasteland servers not less  :(

Best of luck with upcoming projects  8)
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary

« Reply #27 posted: Nov 14, 2017, 07:21 PM »
Some very kind words i wasn't expecting to see, thank you.

however this week was very hard as i tried to walk away from CCG after 4 years with 1000's of hours invested in my community i've made the decision to carry on although i won't be spending as much hours at my PC as before.

hopefully our community will help facilitate this following their dismay shown this week but time will tell.

« Reply #28 posted: Nov 14, 2017, 07:47 PM »
Some very kind words i wasn't expecting to see, thank you.

however this week was very hard as i tried to walk away from CCG after 4 years with 1000's of hours invested in my community i've made the decision to carry on although i won't be spending as much hours at my PC as before.

hopefully our community will help facilitate this following their dismay shown this week but time will tell.

Was on your forums, there were many a heartfelt cryout to stay to be sure. It just goes to shpw how influencial you were in their arma lives :)

Make sure to take it easy man!
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #29 posted: Yesterday at 08:50 PM »
It was nice having you around, you provided great help by lending a hand to other admins at times I was knee-deep in schoolwork, and you provided the playerbase with your own twist on the gamemode. Hopefully you'll find another similar hobby to fill the gap.

In your final release, do you think you could include the following folders in the repository? This would ensure the presence of all dependencies;
  • A3Wasteland_settings
  • BattlEye (containing txt filters)
  • extDB3 (containing a3wasteland.ini and a3wasteland.sql)
  • CCG_A3Wasteland.Stratis (and any other up-to-date mission folders)
  • any other custom external files judged necessary for running the mission without errors

The SQL file can be created in MySQL Workbench via Server > Data Export and selecting "Dump Structure Only"