Dynamic Weather problems! need help

Dynamic Weather problems! need help

« posted: Aug 05, 2015, 05:06 AM »
Hey guys i tried to post in editing/coding but could get any help. On my server the weather is stuck to where its so windy the trees are nearly blown over and you cant paradrop in or fly planes/heli's. if i could get a response with some help it'd be appreciated.

Re: Dynamic Weather problems! need help

« Reply #1 posted: Aug 05, 2015, 07:00 AM »
I had the same issue as well. Here is how I fixed it.

Goto your DynamicWeatherEffects.SQF (going to guess you are using Notepad ++) so two ways to do this.

Option A) look around line 75 through 83 you should see
Option B) Control F to bring up the search window and search for the variables you need to change that I have listed.

{line 75} _minimumWind = 0; (if not set it to 0)
 {line 79} _maximumWind = 4; (says suggested value is 8 which 8 is the highest winds possible, 4 is middle mine was at 4 and was to high, I have mine now set to 0)
 {line 83} _windChangeProbability = 25; (25 is suggested value, I have mine set to 100)

I also sent into my Mission.SQF to make sure by default the map was created with a high wind factor. Which normally it isn't but you know never know. Just use your Search Function and search wind and I think there are 4 possible locations in the Missions.SQF it can be found. As long as they all say 0 you are in good shape.

Mine works perfectly fine now, I can use infistar to change the weather to any setting and the wind is never above 0 the clouds don't move any more, and the fire and smoke are going upwards not across the road for 100 meters.

Hope this helps!

« Reply #2 posted: Dec 24, 2015, 06:04 AM »
I have mine set to
Code: [Select]
// Wind vector strength never falls below this value. Must be greater or equal to 0 and less than or equal to _maximumWind.
// (Suggested value: 0);
_minimumWind = 0;

// Wind vector strength never exceeds this value. Must be greater or equal to 0 and greater than or equal to _minimumWind.
// (Suggested value: 8).
_maximumWind = 1;

// Probability in percent for wind to change when weather changes. If set to 0 then wind will never change. If set to 100 then rain will
// change every time the weather (fog or overcast) start to change. (Suggested value: 25);
_windChangeProbability = 25;

and all wind settings in the mission.sqf are 0, but occasionally my wind is so extreme that my chopper can barely move flying against it. it's crazy... the clouds are flying by and it would be impossible to survive a halo jump.

any suggestions?

« Reply #3 posted: Jan 22, 2016, 10:01 AM »
i am having the same issue

wind is blowing a gale id like a fix tried the above fixes didnt work

« Reply #4 posted: Jan 22, 2016, 11:36 AM »
this worked for me

in your A3Wasteland_settings folder edit your main_config.sqf

from
A3W_weatherSaving = 1;             // Save and restore weather settings between server restarts (0 = no, 1 = yes)

to
A3W_weatherSaving = 0;             // Save and restore weather settings between server restarts (0 = no, 1 = yes)

this worked for me didnt realise weather saving was on

hope this helps