A3Wasteland ||High Payout Missions||$250K start|Air Drop|Base locking|

A3Wasteland ||High Payout Missions||$250K start|Air Drop|Base locking|

60 players

174.0.218.90 port 2302

we are trying to get our population, at least fill it up once to see if the server can handle the load. any suggestions?
due to popular demand we have lowered the prices of armed vehicles
IMHO starting out with 250k is insane. It breaks the game mode. It is Wasteland.....not CounterStrike.

Reduce the initial funds to something like 100-200$. The whole point of getting the kills and completing the missions is to gain funds and materials. If you give bookoos of cash on start, you might as well remove the missions.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran
Also remember, money is always relative; you can put a very high starting amount, but if equipment prices are proportionally as high, the only difference is more zeroes...

If you give out shitloads of money, it may increase fun in the short term, but regular players will become bored after a couple days if not hours, because they don't have to work to win their stuff.

I'll give a personal example; in GTA:V online, a hacker rained down $25,000,000 on me while I was afk, at first I thought holy shit this is good, then I bought all the nice cars are the 10 mil gold jet, but 2 weeks later the game is kinda boring and now all I do is try to blow up other people's stuff.
To be fair rev, gta v bored the crap out of everyone lol
the prices of armed vehicles have been adjusted to compensate. the high starting price is more to encourage base building. we made a lot of items really expensive and continue to adjust to trolling accordingly. its an ongoing experiment

how ever any ideas on how we can get the population up that the main thing we are going for
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran
Then why don't you keep all prices normal like vanilla and simply reduce the price of baseparts? It really sounds like you're just playing on the "more zeroes everywhere is better" factor here.
we just wanted it to be a bit more realistic to attract less kiddies. $60,000 for a jet is just silly makes it seem like a game for little kids. hell a pilots training is like at least a few million dollar . and in a "wasteland" scenario vehicles and weapons should be ridiculously expensive because there is no more manufacturing of new equipment.
I play on the evil monkey server, a jet costs 900k, you start with 1k. You work bloody hard for the money and think twice about just buying any vehicle or anything else. There is no point in everyone being able to fly at anytime, I certainly wouldn't fly on it.
I play on the evil monkey server, a jet costs 900k, you start with 1k. You work bloody hard for the money and think twice about just buying any vehicle or anything else. [..]

Case: you're proud to be able to buy this jet after days or weeks, enter the cockpit and next moment .. BOOUM. Bloody hard work for the ass. This could be a reason, people (not only those "kiddies") leave the server immediately?

Or crash this jet at the end of runway ..  :o

• Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran
On a populated server, a good pilot will be able to keep the jet for an hour or two (or a bit more if he is lucky), a n00b will get pwned by AA within 5 mins, and many unlucky ones will witness theirs being destroyed by someone else before even having a chance of getting in. You can't just call Mors Mutual Insurance, you know.
Lol, I never waste my cash on one, I'm a crap pilot. I like to use my money to waste the enemy and Ai