Harbour base for Altis

Harbour base for Altis

« posted: Nov 02, 2016, 09:22 PM »
I created a harbour base. If anyone would like to use it, feel free... Its base I set up in the harbour with an underwater sub pen, fuel on the chopper pad and boat dock. There are also a few items on the harbour floor below the base, if you like to explore as a diver.

Use this to call the base init file in the base folder.

Code: [Select]
if (isServer) then
{
call compile preprocessFile "addons\extraSites\init.sqf";
};

create a folder inside your mission addons folder called extraSites and put the two attached files in it

if you use a different folder for bases, make sure to change the path in the init files. This is all I have done and loads as is.
  • Offline soulkobk
  • First Blood
  • soulkobk.blogspot.com.au

Re: Harbour base

« Reply #1 posted: Nov 03, 2016, 05:47 AM »
I'm not sure what you used to create the .sqf code, but it's absolutely horrible, and unusable.

I looked at the code and the positions are 15000/15000... and on the map of Tanoa, the base spawns at the top right of the map... but outside of the map area (in the black).

I was going to convert it for use as relative positions... but even then objects are not placed properly, so I decided not to.

Nice effort, but maybe go back and correct the object placements and then have it use relative positions from a center point (eg a marker placed on map), so then anyone can spawn it wherever the "putHarbourbaseHere" marker is on any given map.

*EDIT, this is what it looks like when spawned in... http://imgur.com/a/3Ws3M

-soul.
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary
  • co founder of customcombatgaming.com

« Reply #2 posted: Nov 03, 2016, 11:58 AM »
Or use the M3editor created by my colleague, you can directly export all objects into ready .sqf plus you have full access to all objects ;)

You can grab the Eden version of this off the A3Launcher, just ignore the exile error that pops up when you first open it.

« Reply #3 posted: Nov 03, 2016, 10:28 PM »
Timberwolf I am not familiar with names but is this for Tanoa or Altis or Stratis? Sorry..

« Reply #4 posted: Nov 03, 2016, 10:30 PM »
I'm not sure what you used to create the .sqf code, but it's absolutely horrible, and unusable.

I looked at the code and the positions are 15000/15000... and on the map of Tanoa, the base spawns at the top right of the map... but outside of the map area (in the black).

I was going to convert it for use as relative positions... but even then objects are not placed properly, so I decided not to.

Nice effort, but maybe go back and correct the object placements and then have it use relative positions from a center point (eg a marker placed on map), so then anyone can spawn it wherever the "putHarbourbaseHere" marker is on any given map.

*EDIT, this is what it looks like when spawned in... http://imgur.com/a/3Ws3M

-soul.

The reason why the SQF is NOT complete you have to complete the sqf...Learn about M3editor and how to complete SQFs...

« Reply #5 posted: Nov 04, 2016, 02:08 AM »
Sorry, first I should have mentioned that the this is for Altis.
 As for the sqf being unfinished, it was created using an editor add on before Eden was released ( Object Positioning System V1.31), so probably wont work if loaded with Eden.
I'm not a pro coder, but from what I see, the call in the main init points to the init in the extrabases folder which simply tells the game to include these objects in the sqf, at the specific coords and sets the vars. All the objects were placed in editor and then exported straight to the sqf.
I'm sure there are other ways of doing this, but this is how I the instructions for the plug-in explained it at the time.

Im using it on my altis server, both A3W and Exile, using the method described in the OP, with no issues.

Soul, I'm not sure why the coords were messed like that for you. I will post pics from my server

Re: Harbour base for Altis

« Reply #6 posted: Nov 04, 2016, 03:43 AM »
Not a problem Timber...You should see our server and see the bases I've done. {PST} Wasteland Altis w APEX....

We have three factions Blufor which is Whitelisted players only, we have our own base, Opfor which has their own base or they can choose their own base which I've just updated recently in the past few days and independent which can choose their own base...

I really like the base concept for wasteland...Good thing is we use teleports so Blufor cannot go into the opfor base or we get teleported out and vice versa...
  • Offline soulkobk
  • First Blood
  • soulkobk.blogspot.com.au

« Reply #7 posted: Nov 04, 2016, 11:49 AM »
The reason why the SQF is NOT complete you have to complete the sqf...Learn about M3editor and how to complete SQFs...

What..? That sentence didn't even make sense.

In the OP's original post, I was unsure what map the harbour was for, and assumed it was Tanoa, as the map coordinates were 15000/15000, but it was still off the map itself. I executed the .sqf script and as per my screen shots is how it turned out. The exported code is ugly but it works (kind of).

Sorry, first I should have mentioned that the this is for Altis.
As for the sqf being unfinished, it was created using an editor add on before Eden was released ( Object Positioning System V1.31), so probably wont work if loaded with Eden.

Soul, I'm not sure why the coords were messed like that for you. I will post pics from my server

No problem, you maybe should have explained that to begin with. I'm sure it would make things easier if you place them within 3DEN, save it as a custom composition, then zip that composition up to share... it would make things better and easier for others to use in their own mission(s). Thanks for sharing none-the-less.

If you would like a how-to on importing and saving the composition in 3DEN, send me a PM... and yes it's possible to do, as I also did custom layouts in M3Editor a while back (before 3DEN existed), then imported them to 3DEN with success, and also exported them as a custom composition.

Example (attached) is a composition of one of my custom outpost mission layouts. Unzip it to your "C:\Users\<user>\Documents\<ArmA 3 profile directory>\<player name>\compositions" directory, then it will appear in 3DEN editor under 'compositions' (F2) then 'custom'.

-soul.