AI protection on Capture Areas

• Offline morfen
  • Fresh Spawn

AI protection on Capture Areas

« posted: Dec 08, 2016, 08:20 PM »
Hello, This is my first post on this forum so i hope im posting this in the right place!

Im wondering if it wold be possible to add Ai protections for Capture areas?

This is my idea of how it wold work!

Lets use Bluepearl industrial Port as an example  (BiP)
(BiP) = uncaptured and is protectedby Hostile (AI) Patrol team.

A Blufor Group kills the Ai's and captures the area. Then a Bluefor (AI) Patrol team Spawns in and Protects the area!

The Blufor (AI) patrol is Friendly for Bluefor players but is Hostile for Independent and Opfor players.
Also there shold be no way to controll the (AI's) in any way. Exept Use Meds on them and maby be able to get mended by the (AI) medic.

Next a Opfor player team comes and kills the Ai´s and starts capturing the area. A notification message is sent to all Bluefor Players something like
"(BiP) is under Attack"

the only tricky part i can think of is for Independent sins they are friendly only in (groups) but hostile by faction.

If anyone know if this is possible or if there is a script for this allready?

Also an other idea to this is that instead of having the (AI) Patrol spawning in aoutomaticly. maby it should be able to buy the protection once u own the capture area Using scroll menu "Buy protection for this area (price)" !
Let's not talk about realism in a video game. because no matter how "real" a feature is, it can make the gameplay suffer, which should never be sacrificed in the name of realism... :ugeek:
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary
  • co founder of customcombatgaming.com

Re: AI protection on Capture Areas

« Reply #1 posted: Dec 09, 2016, 09:10 AM »
Anything is possible however it all depends on the server you run, if you have a high pop server then this would kill performance but if it's just a few clan mates then yeh I suppose it would be a good idea.

• Offline morfen
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #2 posted: Dec 13, 2016, 07:32 AM »
Anything is possible however it all depends on the server you run, if you have a high pop server then this would kill performance but if it's just a few clan mates then yeh I suppose it would be a good idea.

Ok thank you for answer.

The server as it is right now is a low populated server if not Empty!
Thats why I want to add more "Life" over all to the server instead of Being alone in an open world with big Jungles and Desserts without local wildlife and Citizens!

It wold be cool to add wildlife that actually interacts with you and predators that wants to eat you! Aswell as Citizens that are living in the blue areas cars that are Driving around etc.
who knows maby that wold attract more players to it?

How come Arma 3's AI are so Heavy on the performance?
Is there a Better AI to use which takes less on the server performance?

Or maby im just Using the wrong "Game/Simulator" for the purpose of what i want to achieve?
#Feels like im trapped in an empty open world!

Note: Don't get me wrong Im not here to Complain about it, I just want to find a solution to what i want to achieve on Our server!
Let's not talk about realism in a video game. because no matter how "real" a feature is, it can make the gameplay suffer, which should never be sacrificed in the name of realism... :ugeek:

« Reply #3 posted: Dec 13, 2016, 10:40 AM »
Did you take  a look at AI Spawn Script Pack?
You can set nearly any options for roaming  AI - spawn/despawn, outfits, weapons, factions, vehicles ..

And if ur server still runs smoothly, TRY one of the many civilian Scripts - cos or dcl or etc ..
  • Offline morfen
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #4 posted: Dec 14, 2016, 08:53 AM »
Did you take  a look at AI Spawn Script Pack?
You can set nearly any options for roaming  AI - spawn/despawn, outfits, weapons, factions, vehicles ..

And if ur server still runs smoothly, TRY one of the many civilian Scripts - cos or dcl or etc ..

Thank you! I will have a look at these options right away! :)

« Reply #5 posted: Dec 14, 2016, 06:01 PM »