Error with extDB/HC?

• Offline Ghostyy
  • Fractured Gaming - Wasteland
  • Fresh Spawn

Error with extDB/HC?

« posted: Apr 22, 2017, 05:49 AM »
I have recently posted a post in the Server area below this about Battleye. That has been down to a BE Issue that still isn't resolved on my end with BEC. That story remains the same..

I have just updated my pbo completely and the server to extDB3 and x64.

I tested this all on a separate server on a different port. Everything seemed to work fine.

I moved all the files to a new folder and took the old server down, put the new one up in a different folder (for backup and redundancy) and changed the ports. The ports are now the same as the old one.

However, the majority of my players cannot connect or not for longer than 5mins due to a Steam Ticket Failure or a Battleye Error.

Recent RPT Posted in Pastebin -> https://pastebin.com/UrrYNy5C

Also players are getting kicked for a mismatched addon which I found is currently a running problem with ARMA3 and there is a port in the FT (Feedback Tracker) for it.

I am just wondering why this error is popping up.

I have disabled HC in the main_config and also do not have it running. There is nothing about HC in description.ext either.

When I connect I either get Connecting Failed or I get in but am unable to pick any of the player slots to load in.

Any help would be appreciated and if I find a solution I will post it.
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary
  • co founder of customcombatgaming.com

Re: Error with extDB/HC?

« Reply #1 posted: Apr 22, 2017, 08:04 AM »
Line 798, that error you really need to fix but basically you haven't made the correct changes to the persistent folder for exdb3 implementation. Did you use the correct GitHub branch?

But I don't think that would cause steam ticket failure, if you don't have any old mods in your server directory that need deleting (read last night even inactive Ines can cause issues) then possibly your best bet is to ask in Arma discord, server admin channel
  • Offline Ghostyy
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #2 posted: Apr 22, 2017, 11:34 AM »
Currently looking into that now.

Fixed the battleye issue by deleting the main dlls and re-validating the server. Guess there was a problem with one of the files being corrupt. Had to do this twice in order for it to work properly.

Also have now double checked everything a few times and had a 2nd set of eyes look over it and it seems to be fixed.

Line 798, I did use the latest proper x64 branch that had extDB3 support. I am going to double check that again later on as I have been staring at this for the past 12hours (UK Time) and honestly all I am currently seeing is code and 1s + 0s...

Link to repo I used -> https://github.com/A3Wasteland/ArmA3_Wasteland.Stratis/tree/extDB3
Not sure if this is missing something, I will compare the persistance files to the altis version and see.

Thanks for pointing that out though Matt

EDIT::
Compared my oSave.sqf to the Stratis and Altis extDB3 Branches and all 3 match.
I also double checked extDB\postObjectSave.sqf + world\postObjectSave.sqf
All identical, so I have no idea.
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary
  • co founder of customcombatgaming.com

« Reply #3 posted: Apr 22, 2017, 02:48 PM »
Sorry I'm out and about today so on my mobile, why not save your own sanity and set up a vanilla Altis wasteland test server, see if you can replicate the error