EAR PLUGS

• Offline XKMFX
  • Fresh Spawn

EAR PLUGS

« posted: Aug 07, 2017, 07:40 AM »
So I run an ASUS gaming laptop. I've been trying to make the ear plugs work by pressing the end key but it won't allow me. (My end key is also the "NUM 1" key) so when I press it, it makes my guy look left. I deleted the hot key to turn the guys head left but stil doesn't work. Even when I press "shift" "control" or "function" keys. Is there any way I can get some help on this matter? Please and thank you.

Is there a way to make its hot key for the NUM1key also or add it in the scroll wheel

Re: EAR PLUGS

« Reply #1 posted: Aug 07, 2017, 05:21 PM »
I dont know the answer to this. What i would do in this situation is plug a usb keyboard in and that would probably solve the issue
  • Offline XKMFX
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #2 posted: Aug 07, 2017, 05:27 PM »
Thank you. I thought of that too was just hoping for a better way of fixing it cause it just looks weird lol. I'll look into that for sure.

« Reply #3 posted: Aug 08, 2017, 04:01 PM »
If its a gaming laptop does it have macro keys? If so you could set up a macro to press the 'end' section of the key and just have it bound that way.

« Reply #4 posted: Aug 09, 2017, 02:30 AM »
Thank you. I thought of that too was just hoping for a better way of fixing it cause it just looks weird lol. I'll look into that for sure.
Have you tried disabling the numpad? Often this will turn the Numpad into the function keys listed.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 posted: Aug 13, 2017, 06:20 PM »
Hi XKMFX, sorry for your issue. It is one of the things I feared when implementing hotkeys. I also had some left-handed people asking how to remap keys since they use those for other things. There is no user interface to adjust the keys at the moment, because I have never had the time to make one, which could take multiple full-time days.

However, it is possible to remap the custom keys from the Debug console in the Eden editor. Open up Eden, create a new empty scenario on any map, play scenario, then pause the game. In the pause menu, you will see the Debug console. Copy-paste the following code in it:

Code: [Select]
profileNamespace setVariable ["A3W_customKeys_earPlugs", [DIKCODE]];
You must replace DIKCODE with any 0x value listed on this page:
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DIK_KeyCodes#Alphabetic_sort

You can use up to 10 DIKCODEs by separating them with commas. There must be at least one DIKCODE, and you must keep the square brackets wrapped around it. Once you have entered the desired value(s), press "Local Exec", and leave the editor. The settings will be permanent across all servers running A3W v1.3c and up.

Here are the default values for all vanilla custom keys:
profileNamespace setVariable ["A3W_customKeys_adminMenu", [0x16]];
profileNamespace setVariable ["A3W_customKeys_playerMenu", [0x29]];
profileNamespace setVariable ["A3W_customKeys_playerNames", [0xC7,0xDB,0xDC]];
profileNamespace setVariable ["A3W_customKeys_earPlugs", [0xCF]];

and for A3Armory specifically:
profileNamespace setVariable ["A3W_customKeys_eject", [0xD3]];
profileNamespace setVariable ["A3W_customKeys_holster", [0x23]];