Seeking Knowledge

Seeking Knowledge

« posted: Aug 11, 2017, 05:03 PM »
Hey folks,

I've just returned from a 3 year AFK and finally have a PC capable of truly enjoying ARMA. That said, I've decided to take initiative and learn how to edit and design missions as best I can. I've managed to finally figure out how to host A3Wasteland via dedicated server (your gopher mound is my Mt.Everest). I will try to make all my inquiries in this post so to save from making 1000 topics. All inquiries are edit related.

SOLVED:
First and foremost, I can't seem to figure out how to edit my A3Wasteland maps in the Eden editor. I've read that one can unpack the PBO and place into the missions/mpmissions folder to be opened by Eden, but once I get to Eden and select open files, nothing appears?

Second, I can't seem to figure out how to remove players ability to use 3pv. I'm one of those guys that feels 3pv gives players an undeserved advantage in the field. That 1PV guy can't see the 3PV guy on the other side of the wall while the 3PV guy just stands there looking over a wall, setting up the other dude. I'd like to remove 3PV to level the playing field.

I'd also like to remove crosshairs, we all use the sights anyway; and if you dont, you should.

I checked the A3Wasteland main_config.sqf file to change these settings, but saw no options. And unchecking "3PV" and "Crosshair" does not modify the settings in game for some reason?

I did do a search on the forums but didn't see anything, so I'm likely blind as it seems to be a common interest. I can't figure out how to adjust the spawn height for players so to make everybody halo spawn. I see where I can edit the spawn beacon height, but not general spawn/respawn. I feel that giving all players the option to halo insert into the mission gives them a little more choice as to where they actually "land" on the map.

I do apologize if these questions belong elsewhere. They all seem to be editing related, so I apologize if I made a naive mistake.

I appreciate your time and knowledge, and hope to learn as much as I can from those willing to help someone learn the art of editing.

Much respect.
AlphaObeisance.

If situation warrants, I'm available on Steam via the same name.
  • Offline eldrich
  • First Blood
  • 40-1 Clan

Re: Seeking Knowledge

« Reply #1 posted: Aug 11, 2017, 05:46 PM »
Hi m8 not sure about your editor issue but you should be able to disable 3PV/crosshair by adding custom difficulty setting heres mine

Code: [Select]
{
class CustomDifficulty // only applies if difficulty="Custom" in server config.cfg
{
class Options
{
groupIndicators=2; // 0 = Hide, 1 = 50m, 2 = Show
friendlyTags=0; // 0 = Hide, 1 = 50m, 2 = Show
enemyTags=0; // 0 = Hide, 1 = 50m, 2 = Show
detectedMines=0; // 0 = Hide, 1 = 50m, 2 = 200m
commands=1; // 0 = Hide, 1 = Fade, 2 = Show
waypoints=2; // 0 = Hide, 1 = Fade, 2 = Show
weaponInfo=2; // 0 = Hide, 1 = Fade, 2 = Show
stanceIndicator=2; // 0 = Hide, 1 = Fade, 2 = Show
reducedDamage=0; // 0 = Off, 1 = On
staminaBar=1; // 0 = Off, 1 = On
weaponCrosshair=1; // 0 = Off, 1 = On
visionAid=0; // 0 = Off, 1 = On
thirdPersonView=1; // 0 = Block, 1 = Allow
cameraShake=1; // 0 = Off, 1 = On
scoreTable=0; // 0 = Off, 1 = On
deathMessages=0; // 0 = Off, 1 = On
vonID=1; // 0 = Off, 1 = On
mapContent=0; // 0 = Off, 1 = On
autoReport=0; // 0 = Off, 1 = On
multipleSaves=1; // not applicable to A3W
squadRadar=1; // 0 = Off, 1 = On
};
aiLevelPreset=1; // 0 = Novice, 1 = Normal, 2 = Expert, 3 = Custom
};
class CustomAILevel // only applies if aiLevelPreset=3
{
skillAI=0.5; // 0 to 1
precisionAI=0.5; // 0 to 1
};
};

« Reply #2 posted: Aug 11, 2017, 05:53 PM »
Hi m8 not sure about your editor issue but you should be able to disable 3PV/crosshair by adding custom difficulty setting heres mine

{
class CustomDifficulty // only applies if difficulty="Custom" in server config.cfg
{
class Options
{
groupIndicators=2; // 0 = Hide, 1 = 50m, 2 = Show
friendlyTags=0; // 0 = Hide, 1 = 50m, 2 = Show
enemyTags=0; // 0 = Hide, 1 = 50m, 2 = Show
detectedMines=0; // 0 = Hide, 1 = 50m, 2 = 200m
commands=1; // 0 = Hide, 1 = Fade, 2 = Show
waypoints=2; // 0 = Hide, 1 = Fade, 2 = Show
weaponInfo=2; // 0 = Hide, 1 = Fade, 2 = Show
stanceIndicator=2; // 0 = Hide, 1 = Fade, 2 = Show
reducedDamage=0; // 0 = Off, 1 = On
staminaBar=1; // 0 = Off, 1 = On
weaponCrosshair=1; // 0 = Off, 1 = On
visionAid=0; // 0 = Off, 1 = On
thirdPersonView=1; // 0 = Block, 1 = Allow
cameraShake=1; // 0 = Off, 1 = On
scoreTable=0; // 0 = Off, 1 = On
deathMessages=0; // 0 = Off, 1 = On
vonID=1; // 0 = Off, 1 = On
mapContent=0; // 0 = Off, 1 = On
autoReport=0; // 0 = Off, 1 = On
multipleSaves=1; // not applicable to A3W
squadRadar=1; // 0 = Off, 1 = On
};
aiLevelPreset=1; // 0 = Novice, 1 = Normal, 2 = Expert, 3 = Custom
};
class CustomAILevel // only applies if aiLevelPreset=3
{
skillAI=0.5; // 0 to 1
precisionAI=0.5; // 0 to 1
};
};

I can't thank you enough for providing this. Might I ask if I would place this to the following directory? mpmissions/server/defaultconfig.sqf?
  • Offline eldrich
  • First Blood
  • 40-1 Clan

« Reply #3 posted: Aug 11, 2017, 06:04 PM »
its added to server not mission file we run a rented server and for me its here instance\Users\Wasteland\  Wasteland.Arma3Profile but I'm not sure for you maybe 1 of the other guys can help you find if your struggling.

then you need to chance difficulty setting in your server.cfg

difficulty = "Custom"; // Server difficulty Settings (Recruit, Regular, Veteran, Mercenary, Custom)
  • Offline eldrich
  • First Blood
  • 40-1 Clan

« Reply #4 posted: Aug 11, 2017, 06:16 PM »
as for the editor not sure of your problem but heres what I do

1, make a folder here C:\Users\jason\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\[40-1]eldrich\mpmissions (or were your arma 3 profile is) name the folder whatever you want but it must end in .map name ie. name.Tanoa if using tanoa or name.Altis for altis and so on

2, open you A3 mission and copy the mission.sqm and paste in the folder you just created 

open editor and it should be there to load I hope :)

« Reply #5 posted: Aug 11, 2017, 06:24 PM »
as for the editor not sure of your problem but heres what I do

1, make a folder here C:\Users\jason\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\[40-1]eldrich\mpmissions (or were your arma 3 profile is) name the folder whatever you want but it must end in .map name ie. name.Tanoa if using tanoa or name.Altis for altis and so on

2, open you A3 mission and copy the mission.sqm and paste in the folder you just created 

open editor and it should be there to load I hope :)

I'll give this a shot right now =)

That did work! Thank you! I'm still trying to figure out the crosshair and 3pv thing though. Makes me feel dumb because you literally handed me the code.
  • Offline eldrich
  • First Blood
  • 40-1 Clan

« Reply #6 posted: Aug 11, 2017, 06:40 PM »
no one is dumb m8 I know very little and the stuff I do know came from the peeps on here (a big thanks to all :) ) its all learning and every1 has to start somewhere, glad I could help with 1 issue and I'm sure some1 on here will help with the 3PV one