Nothing is Saving

Nothing is Saving

« posted: Nov 04, 2014, 07:24 PM »
Hi, i have A3Wasteland running on Linux(Debian) and it runs very smooth :)
BUT! It doesnt save anything...
In the server console it says: "19:22:57 "A3W - 8 baseparts and objects have been saved with iniDBI"
"
But there is no .db file in @inidbi/db
and after a restart the vehicles / Buildings are gone,

Hope you can help me ;)

- Rusty

Re: Nothing is Saving

« Reply #1 posted: Nov 04, 2014, 07:28 PM »
as far as i know linux doesnt support inidbi, thats why there a huge thread in atlis about extdb. anyways it doesnt save within inidbi, its the db folder on the root of your arma server. but there is some kind of saving bug im trying to track down now. v1.0 breaks bankmoney saving, only fix i see is breaking vehicle saves. fml

« Reply #2 posted: Nov 04, 2014, 07:46 PM »
Oh okay :D didnt see that...
so i have to do it with extDB ... thanks :)

« Reply #3 posted: Nov 05, 2014, 02:01 PM »
easiest method which also works on linux is profilenamespace saving imho. there is also a inidb fork for linux afaik. unfortunatly i don't find the link.

« Reply #4 posted: Nov 05, 2014, 04:50 PM »
Hi Wiking.at,

Could you link me to an tutorial on how to enable this namespace saving?
Also, does this save Buildings or just players?

thanks, Rusty
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 posted: Nov 05, 2014, 05:58 PM »
There is no tutorial because it works out of the box by itself - if you have followed the BIS wiki Linux dedi server setup to a tee.

« Reply #6 posted: Nov 05, 2014, 11:04 PM »
Dont i have to do some configuration?
Because in the main_config.sqf it says "To enable base saving your server NEEDS to run with the iniDBI mod"
So i assume it only saves the players ?!

I did set up the Arma3 Server properly following BIS Tut (There is not much to follow though, they only tell you how to install it. But that is enough i think ^^ ), and the server obviously works well.

« Reply #7 posted: Nov 06, 2014, 11:20 AM »
with the latest releases the only thing you have to do is to enable all your saving needs in the main.config and i think  also base and vehicle save should be working.

i can't say for sure although as i run my servers with a modified persistance version to enable extDB at the moment.

« Reply #8 posted: Nov 06, 2014, 03:43 PM »
Ok, i have deleted every inidbi folder and file and now it looks like it works...

15:43:39 "A3W - 0 baseparts and objects have been saved with profileNamespace"

Can anyone explain to me why there still is this line in the config file that says, that i do need inidbi even though it works without it?
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #9 posted: Nov 07, 2014, 03:45 AM »
Can anyone explain to me why there still is this line in the config file that says, that i do need inidbi even though it works without it?

Because I forgot to remove it

« Reply #10 posted: Nov 07, 2014, 02:22 PM »
Because I forgot to remove it

Haha :D

Thanks for your help, it works now.

can be closed!