new version??

new version??

« posted: Oct 28, 2014, 04:53 PM »
Is there a new version of a3 wasteland? I keep hearing about v1 beta but can not find the files.Thanks

Re: new version??

« Reply #1 posted: Oct 28, 2014, 05:04 PM »
Is there a new version of a3 wasteland? I keep hearing about v1 beta but can not find the files.Thanks

Dam Rumors!!!! I have seen it, but hasn't been released yet. I sure they are working out some of the last few major bugs ;-)
  • Offline micovery
  • Hardened

« Reply #2 posted: Oct 28, 2014, 06:03 PM »
Just follow the development in git, and it wont be rumors anymore  :)

https://github.com/A3Wasteland/ArmA3_Wasteland.Altis/tree/v1_beta

Download the repostory as a zip, and make a PBO from it.

You can view the list of servers that are using "A3Wasteland Altis v1.0" here:

http://arma3.swec.se/server/list?mquery=A3Wasteland%20Altis%20v1.0

Simply join one of the servers, and grab the PBO from your MPMissionsCache at:

C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Arma 3\MPMissionsCache

TOP Servers are using the v1 with extDB

You can grab the source I think from:

https://github.com/l0dac/ArmA3_Wasteland.Altis/commits/TOP_Dev

A3Armory server is using v1 with Node.js (sock-rpc-stats)

Source is at: https://github.com/micovery/ArmA3_Wasteland.Altis/tree/v1_beta

I am sure more will follow once it's becomes official.
  • Offline lodac
  • Hardened
  • TOP Arma Server Admin

« Reply #3 posted: Oct 28, 2014, 06:54 PM »

TOPArma Mission - Share your mission on GitHub

« Reply #4 posted: Oct 28, 2014, 07:19 PM »
Lodac, were you able to link up to both Stratis and Altis with the same database?
  • Offline lodac
  • Hardened
  • TOP Arma Server Admin

« Reply #5 posted: Oct 28, 2014, 07:43 PM »
That is going to be officially supported once extDB is merged. being that it is going to be officially supported, I do not plan on spending my time trying to code it. I am not a coder, I am a facilitator.

I am learning the ways around arma 3 coding, however others run circles around me. We are always looking for people that want to join A3Wasteland and TOParma in mission updates. I'd really like to focus my time on server/network management, not mission coding.

Currently, It's really just me making the changes to our mission, I do get help from AgentRev, Wiking.at and Torndeco, along with others that have published their code.

My plan for my next updates are:

Pull adminusers from database
Pull main_config from database
Somehow figure out flag capture rotation (remove current flags after X time, create new flags).
Continue progressing User stats backend.
Pull dynamic configs (storeConfig, Town's, Flag Caputre) from database.
Provide the ability to manage user/objects from the database via php front-end.

« Reply #6 posted: Oct 28, 2014, 07:55 PM »
We are rather new to the ARMA 3 scene, but love how the user base loves to improve the game. We started way back when Medal of Honor AA was the big game with the freeze tag mod (Yes I'm getting old lol). We are slowly getting into the ARMA 3 mods and I would like to thank you for sharing your work. 
  • Offline lodac
  • Hardened
  • TOP Arma Server Admin

« Reply #7 posted: Oct 28, 2014, 07:57 PM »
We are rather new to the ARMA 3 scene, but love how the user base loves to improve the game. We started way back when Medal of Honor AA was the big game with the freeze tag mod (Yes I'm getting old lol). We are slowly getting into the ARMA 3 mods and I would like to thank you for sharing your work.

Thanks. It could not be done without others sharing their work.

• Offline micovery
  • Hardened

« Reply #8 posted: Oct 28, 2014, 08:07 PM »
I am not sure it would make sense sharing database between servers using different maps ...

Definitely not vehicles, and objects because the position of those is dependent on the map ...

Even if it was the same map, it would still not make sense to share objects and vehicles.

Suppose two identical Altis servers load off the same database for vehicles and objects ... now suppose the same object is moved to two different locations in the map in the two servers? Last save wins? It makes no sense at all.

For player information, it more-or-less makes sense  (but only on the same map). This is because the player himself can only physically be in one server at a time.

But it would create all sorts of headaches, as players could  hop on one server move to an advantageous spot, disconnect, and then connect to the other server ... in effect round-about way of teleporting.
  • Offline lodac
  • Hardened
  • TOP Arma Server Admin

« Reply #9 posted: Oct 28, 2014, 08:48 PM »
I am not sure it would make sense sharing database between servers using different maps ...

Definitely not vehicles, and objects because the position of those is dependent on the map ...

Even if it was the same map, it would still not make sense to share objects and vehicles.

Suppose two identical Altis servers load off the same database for vehicles and objects ... now suppose the same object is moved to two different locations in the map in the two servers? Last save wins? It makes no sense at all.

For player information, it more-or-less makes sense  (but only on the same map). This is because the player himself can only physically be in one server at a time.

But it would create all sorts of headaches, as players could  hop on one server move to an advantageous spot, disconnect, and then connect to the other server ... in effect round-about way of teleporting.

Objects will not be shared between servers. Only playerinfo / playerdata with a different pos value for the player on different maps (altis, stratis, etc)

• Offline micovery
  • Hardened

« Reply #10 posted: Oct 28, 2014, 09:08 PM »
Objects will not be shared between servers. Only playerinfo / playerdata with a different pos value for the player on different maps (altis, stratis, etc)

That would work for sharing between maps, but still does not solve the hopping servers (of the same map) pseudo-teleport.

You would have to save the position as being server-specific  as well.
  • Offline lodac
  • Hardened
  • TOP Arma Server Admin

« Reply #11 posted: Oct 28, 2014, 09:11 PM »

That would work for sharing between maps, but still does not solve the hopping servers pseudo-teleport.

A reconnect time could be added for when you leave one server to go to another. Really hasn't been that large of an issue, yet.

There are a lot more issues to focus on than pseudo-teleporting atm.

People would rather switch servers to play with teammates then have to start fresh each time. Being that we've been running multiple servers since July, we've have a few issues where people ghost log, we catch them, we ban them for a time period. A reconnect timer would be a fix.

Making a player start over on a different server is not a good option when you are trying to create awesome servers to play on with groups of friends. You slow the play down drastically.

• Offline micovery
  • Hardened

« Reply #12 posted: Oct 28, 2014, 10:51 PM »
You are right, it's definitely a big factor being able to move stats cross server. But it should be done in a way that does not negatively affect the general game mechanics.

Making the player's position be server specific, does not mean starting from scratch. They'd just be at the same position they were when they left that server. So if a "group of friends" was playing in SERVER1 ... the "group of friends" would be back where they were upon their return to SERVER1.

If the "group of friends" joins SERVER2, they'd have the same gear, and items ... But, would you want them to load at the same spot they were in SERVER1?

I guess it's really up to the admins. You need the resources to watch for people abusing this (which they will), and enforcing punishment.

Another way would be that the "group of friends" be able to spawn on eachother when they join another server. This implies persisting groups as well.

« Reply #13 posted: Oct 29, 2014, 04:13 PM »
I tried to load it open last night,it would launch and then would bomb out at init player pop up and say mission failed. So guess I have something missing. Guess I will wait for the official release