BattlEye Community Ban List

• Offline lodac
  • Hardened
  • TOP Arma Server Admin

« posted: Dec 02, 2014, 05:49 PM »
Wiking and I started brainstorming ideas on sharing bans.txt between each other. I started tossing around the idea of using we php/mysql framework to store bans in the database, then have php generate bans.txt depending on what you want.

The main reason I started this is because the admin ability within Arma is garbage. To effectively allow banning of a suspect, a player needs access the server admin password (which will never be given out), access to BEC (which is clunky and give no unbanning ability), access to bans.txt (which provides no auditing ability and is clunky).

If we created a php/mysql front end with different levels of access, it would benefit many.

https://github.com/l0dac/beCBL

We really need someone that can code in php with mysql knowledge. I am not a coder and have done my best for some general concepts.

If you would like to help out and provide some coding, it would be awesome.

BattlEye Community Ban List (ArmA3)

Goal is to provide a central banlist solution for A3Wasteland servers, although this could be extended to all server that use BattlEye bans.txt

Administration Interface, Different access levels (Group Admin, High Admin, Low Admin)
Administration Interface, Auditing for admin actions, requiring notes. Different admin levels provide different ban options.
Provide configurable canned reasons, messages, and time frames (configure what is display'd)
Provide groups, seperating server owners from other server owners, for different ban list options.
Provide hashed link to wget bans.txt (global) or different bans.txt based off Groups or Reasons.
Ability to upload BattlEye Logs to automatically phrase and add known hack menus to ban list.
All bans are unique id'd for history and repeal process.
Sample format

ff23fb86043512134535421545435ed2 -1 TOP #1 TeamKill indefinite - bans.becbl.com dd23fb8609bsfag434t34245a3c75ed2 -1 TOP #2 Exploit indefinite - bans.becbl.com ad34fbdsaf3243534ftga44ea3c75ed2 -1 AJ #3 Exploit indefinite - bans.becbl.com cc23fb8609b9a8ed2df7f44ea3c75ed2 1415673088 TOP #4 TeamKill 1 day - bans.becbl.com

GUID TIME GROUP UID REASON TIMEFRAME - REPEAL LINK

Searching Database
http://i.imgur.com/Z0Sn3ZA.png

TOPArma Mission - Share your mission on GitHub
  • Offline Xio
  • Fresh Spawn
  • BoostJump.net Admin

Re: BattlEye Community Ban List

« Reply #1 posted: Jan 19, 2015, 04:03 PM »
Sure, I do PHP/MySQL, we could also make a multi-platform daemon to pull/add new bans in real time.

Sent you a PM.

« Reply #2 posted: Jan 25, 2015, 11:11 PM »
So, if anyone would like to share ban lists, please let me know.  My ban list is currently sitting at about, ohhh, 273 players and growing daily...

« Reply #3 posted: Jan 26, 2015, 02:40 AM »
we use big brother bot.
good admin tool.
connects remotely from lamp vps.
add moderators admins etc, no need to give out passwords, all done via the bot.
admins issue warnings, kick players, issue temp bans or perm bans, all actions logged in database and can be referenced at any time to see who did what to who etc using the echelon plugin for b3 bot.

bot also automated, will warn for swearing etc and automatically and issue tempbans to repeat offenders.
so your server has a good level of admin even when non of your clan members are in game.
and its free  ;D
http://www.bigbrotherbot.net/