error dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. a3_characters_f

ok i start my altis server up and in the rpt i get this error

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. a3_characters_f

the server just stops and wont go any further
  • Offline soulkobk
  • Hardened
  • soulkobk.blogspot.com.au
I assume you are launching your server via TADST due to the error you provided? You never mentioned how you launch your server.

If it is via TADST, you may want to post over here about your issue (as other(s) have done).

Since the 1.66 update, I get the same error whilst using TADST... and no I haven't tried a shortcut or bat to launch a test server to see if the error still exists (I would assume not).

If it is indeed a TADST issue, you will need to wait for a 'fix/update' from tophe, or use an alternative launch server method.

-soul.
I assume you are launching your server via TADST due to the error you provided? You never mentioned how you launch your server.

If it is via TADST, you may want to post over here about your issue (as other(s) have done).

Since the 1.66 update, I get the same error whilst using TADST... and no I haven't tried a shortcut or bat to launch a test server to see if the error still exists (I would assume not).

If it is indeed a TADST issue, you will need to wait for a 'fix/update' from tophe, or use an alternative launch server method.

-soul.

Starting server using bat works great so it must be TADST...
its doesnt do this using TADST this is on my host Gaming Deluxe
  • Offline soulkobk
  • Hardened
  • soulkobk.blogspot.com.au
I'm not completely sure what the issue is, but on further research, it seems that BIS broke something in their latest 1.66 update.

I use a local dedicated server for all my dedi/mp testing and run it via tadst... and I also have the error...

Code: [Select]
Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. a3_characters_f
I have tried to re-save the mission.sqm in 3DEN with no success.

I re-downloaded the "characters_f.pbo" file on client and server with no success.

I have manually edited my mission.sqm (on multiple MP missions) to place the addons[]= string from "A3_Characters_F", to "a3_characters_f", to see if case structure would correct it (old mission.sqm files I noticed were in all lowercase), with no success either.

After trying most things in order to correct it, I kinda gave up... and assumes BIS screwed up something else.

I then proceeded to ask in the ArmA 3 Official discord server about the 'Warning'... and was told that many others are experiencing the same issue, but there is no solution currently. I was then told to create a feedback tracker report on the issue with a demo mission.

So from my previous post, it seems to be unrelated to TADST.

EDIT* after some more testing, it seems that although the error/warning presents itself in the dedicated server rpt log, the client can/still connect and download the mission file (in my own testing) then play as normal (using the default 1.66.139.494 version arma3server.exe).

-soul.
  • Online dekela
  • First Blood
I use bat file to start up my dedi's and get same error. Does not seem to affect player connection