Parking is just private storage (Yes I searched first) [SOLVED]

Before I state my trouble, I'll mention that I did indeed search the list of previous "parking" issues.

I attempted the process here

As well as here; but no success.

Doing the above gave me a storage crate inside of my garage, but there is no vehicle storage menu. Ideally I'd like to turn a shipping container into the parking storage obj.

I checked the playeractions.sqf but didn't see anything relevant in terms of vehicle storage.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.
"Fine! I don't need your stinkin' lab,I've got my own stinkin' lab!"
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

Re: Parking is just private storage (Yes I searched first)

« Reply #1 posted: Feb 10, 2018, 12:07 AM »
Private Parking is for vehicles.
Private Storage is for weapons.

You cannot turn a shipping container into a vehicle parking. The parking system is only compatible with Industrial Sheds and the Aircraft Carrier.

« Reply #2 posted: Feb 10, 2018, 03:37 AM »
Private Parking is for vehicles.
Private Storage is for weapons.

You cannot turn a shipping container into a vehicle parking. The parking system is only compatible with Industrial Sheds and the Aircraft Carrier.

I know private parking is for vehicles. The 2nd link addresses parking.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #3 posted: Feb 10, 2018, 04:51 AM »
Parking is just private storage

Parking is NOT just private storage. They are completely separate components.

storage crate inside of my garage, but there is no vehicle storage menu.

Storage crates do not and cannot have a vehicle storage menu. Once the parking markers are placed on a valid building, a camping table with a laptop will spawn inside them, from which the vehicle storage menu is accessed.

The only 3 valid buildings for parking are:

Industrial Shed
Industrial Shed (Surface Mine)
Aircraft Carrier [USS Freedom]

Attempting to setup parking for any other building will fail.

I do not understand your problem.

« Reply #4 posted: Feb 10, 2018, 06:19 AM »

Doing the above gave me a storage crate inside of my garage, but there is no vehicle storage menu. Ideally I'd like to turn a shipping container into the parking storage obj.

I said Ideally, that's what I wanted
. Not that I had done it. I followed the steps in link 2 and it gave me a PRIVATE STORAGE box instead of vehicle storage. I was asking for help?

If I'd of known that A3Wasteland support forum was going to treat me like a tool, I wouldn't have come. I was under the impression that everyone shared information freely.

I stated my procedures, and you only took what I wanted to do, not what I had done.

Ok, I get it, you have to use a "Land_i_Shed_Ind_F". Exactly as I had done. So why is it not working.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 posted: Feb 10, 2018, 06:24 AM »
Okay, show me a screenshot of the box.

« Reply #6 posted: Feb 10, 2018, 06:33 AM »

I said Ideally, that's what I wanted
. Not that I had done it. I followed the steps in link 2 and it gave me a PRIVATE STORAGE box instead of vehicle storage. I was asking for help?

If I'd of known that A3Wasteland support forum was going to treat me like a tool, I wouldn't have come. I was under the impression that everyone shared information freely.

I stated my procedures, and you only took what I wanted to do, not what I had done.

Ok, I get it, you have to use a "Land_i_Shed_Ind_F". Exactly as I had done. So why is it not working.

"[this] call A3W_fnc_setupMissionObject" posted in the init.
Markers placed accordingly.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #7 posted: Feb 10, 2018, 06:36 AM »
I mean, a screenshot from inside the shed. Also this not the same instance as in your first post, where the map clearly shows you incorrectly tried to use a Garage that you labeled "Shed" instead of an actual Shed, ignoring my instructions from link 2. Garages spawn Storage Boxes by default, but are not related to parking.

« Reply #8 posted: Feb 10, 2018, 06:47 AM »

"[this] call A3W_fnc_setupMissionObject" posted in the init.
Markers placed accordingly.

I moved it because I've been using all kinds of different sheds/garages to try and fix it, and these sheds are much bigger than what I was using when messing around this AM. I took the screenshots this morning.

I didn't disregard your instructions from link two, they didn't work so I tried other stuff. Inside the shed is empty. You didn't clarify so I thought you wanted a shot of your shed/garage/building/emptystructure

EDIT: Yes, I changed it. Repeatedly. Because unlike most who expect support to do it for them, I try to fix it myself before coming to a forum full of pretentious programmers that think everyone else is too incompetent to accomplish anything. I've read through many of the posts on here, and you always seem so damn cold with everyone that actually shows up seeking help; likely because they admire the work put into making A3W.

You might consider lightening up dude. People come here because they respect you and your work. Why treat them like that?
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #9 posted: Feb 10, 2018, 07:10 AM »
Okay look, sorry for the misunderstanding, it's just your original post is worded in a very confusing way. It's much easier when people simply describe all the raw actions they've done, instead of writing conflicting assumptions, the latter of which easily angers me because it has happened hundreds of times. I'm not a people person.

Anyway, just upload the mission.sqm, it's much easier for me to find the problem directly then explain it afterwards.

« Reply #10 posted: Feb 10, 2018, 03:35 PM »
Okay look, sorry for the misunderstanding, it's just your original post is worded in a very confusing way. It's much easier when people simply describe all the raw actions they've done, instead of writing conflicting assumptions, the latter of which easily angers me because it has happened hundreds of times. I'm not a people person.

Anyway, just upload the mission.sqm, it's much easier for me to find the problem directly then explain it afterwards.

Now we're talking. I'm sorry I made it so confusing; I was confused when I made the post. See, now we can be best friends; because I hate all people equally.

The mission.sqm you requested. The mission is on IceBreakr's Isla Abramia, just a heads up.

I get that it's totally frustrating having lazy bottom feeders who don't want to do anything always coming here to ask for help and have you stuff for them. But I'm not that guy man, I don't know anything about scripting/coding. I enjoyed A3Wasteland on Fractured gaming and when I found out that the source code and community is openly available, I started reverse engineering trying to understand. By no mean's could I build something like this from scratch (yet), but ya'll have given me a solid foundation to learn on. I'm genuinely interested in learning how ya'll do this.

Again, sorry for coming off confusing, buddy ;)
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #11 posted: Feb 10, 2018, 09:13 PM »
The file you gave me is my vanilla Altis mission.sqm...

« Reply #12 posted: Feb 10, 2018, 09:25 PM »
That's odd, cuz I coppied it directly from my Isla Abramia mission folder xP. If this doesn't work. Idk wtf is up.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #13 posted: Feb 10, 2018, 09:47 PM »
The SQM is in the wrong format. You must untick "Binarize the Scenario File" in the Save As dialog:

https://i.imgur.com/pO2K2jO.png
Parking is just private storage (Yes I searched first) [SOLVED]

« Reply #14 posted: Feb 10, 2018, 09:49 PM »
You're so amazing brother <3. I'll give this a shot when I get home and update ya.