Stuck on initialization screen on server join.

• Offline Mooney
  • First Blood

Stuck on initialization screen on server join.

« posted: Jul 09, 2014, 03:05 AM »
I installed arma3 server on Windows server 2012. I was running a3wasteland stratis fine for a few hours but when I went to run a custom flavor of a3wasteland it got stuck on the initialization screen. Now I've tried the vanilla version straight from sourcefouge and many others and the issue persists.
I've already deleted and reinstalled arma 3 through steamcmd to no avail.

Let me know if you need error logs. They weren't created this time for some reason but I could try to replicate it again.

From what I've gathered and I may be wrong, the init.sqf in the root of the pbo file tries to activate the init.sqf in the server folder. I don't think it's working.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

Re: Stuck on initialization screen on server join.

« Reply #1 posted: Jul 09, 2014, 04:03 PM »
You cannot modify the Altis pbo from the Release Files repo, you have to Download ZIP from the Altis repo and build your PBO from that.
  • Offline Mooney
  • First Blood

« Reply #2 posted: Jul 10, 2014, 12:02 AM »
I downloaded your unpacked release and started working on that. The problem I was having was caused by the lack of the a3wasteland server settings folder in the server root. In the error log it showed the server getting stuck in a loop of trying to use default server settings.

Thanks for your help.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #3 posted: Jul 10, 2014, 12:27 AM »
You need to upload your full RPT if you want me to help

« Reply #4 posted: Feb 16, 2018, 07:02 PM »
*creeps in on tip toes* DEXTER!

I ran into the same issue this dude had  (yes, i know, years ago). But i figure he never provided an RPT and honestly this is the only thread I've found on the topic.

you can find my server .rpt here.

I thought I'd followed the procedures quoted below "to a the T", but apparently I haven't.

https://github.com/A3Wasteland/Release_Files/blob/master/IMPORTANT.txt
https://github.com/A3Wasteland/Release_Files/raw/master/A3W_extDB3_pack.zip
https://github.com/A3Wasteland/Release_Files/blob/master/A3W_extDB3_README.txt

I set up XAMMP and started HeidiSQL per this tutorial. I was able to log onto the server using the files provided from the tutorial, but my loading times were stupid long, and for some reason vehicle spawns were stupid high (200), I modified the main_config.cfg and default_config.cfg located in A3Wasteland_settings to be identical, but there were still an ^(@#%(* load of vehicles spawning. After I referenced my previous post regarding parking storage issues, and saw your above quote, I tried to set up extDB using these files you provided via the quote above, but for some reason using the @extDB files gets me stuck at initialization.

I'm trying to be as descriptive as I can so to prevent you from having to ask for any more information, but that said, if there's anything else you need to help me figure out what's going on, just let me know. I realize that something that I have done or failed to do is causing the problem; so hopefully my asking for help doesn't set the lab ablaze.

I still struggle understanding error reports and stuff, so bare with me. I fully understand that I should be able to triangulate the issue by reading the .rpt but even after looking I don't quite get it (it's pretty easy to overlook stuff when you're not an expert programmer like yeselves).

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thank you for your time.
Preacher
"Fine! I don't need your stinkin' lab,I've got my own stinkin' lab!"

« Reply #5 posted: Feb 16, 2018, 11:20 PM »
So all of the files are there, but when I set saving to "extDB" from "profile" i get stuck on intitializing. If set to profile everything works just fine (excluding the parking)
"Fine! I don't need your stinkin' lab,I've got my own stinkin' lab!"
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #6 posted: Feb 17, 2018, 06:40 PM »
Code: [Select]
"[extDB3] ███ Database error! [0,""Database Connection Error""]"
"[extDB3] ███ SQL_CUSTOM Protocol error! [0,""Failed to Load Protocol""]"
"[extDB3] ███ ERROR - Startup aborted"

The answer will be somewhere in @extDB3\logs