UAVs

• Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • If you can read this, you can read.

Re: UAVs

« Reply #15 posted: Mar 14, 2016, 07:56 AM »
I know this is an old topic, but I was wondering how would one go about disabling all thermal including vehicle thermal and scopes until those certain hours of night?

look at the script just above your post - add the weapons you want restricted to the launchers list.

from the grassy knoll -

« Reply #16 posted: Mar 17, 2019, 03:17 PM »
This seems to be an issue on many servers. We have tried all of the suggestions above which do help to restrict drone abuse to a point.

Another suggestion if someone can code it would be to get server missions to attack drones the way they do player driven or piloted vehicles. This would allow server missions to do some of the work for us poor players on the ground. : l

Just an idea. Is there a way to code this?

« Reply #17 posted: Mar 17, 2019, 05:22 PM »
There isn't really any scripting necessary, player UAVs and UGVs flag as hostile to mission AI, the question is do they have a weapon that can damage it, and do they detect it.

What I found to be most effective at controlling this problem is to price every thing low enough that players can reasonably afford to buy the counters to whatever the other players are doing.

« Reply #18 posted: May 19, 2019, 08:03 PM »
Sadly this is what it has become now on servers using large maps like Altis. Combined with the low player base too now it's excitement is dying off. Join server, buy AT/AA, primary gun doesn't really matter anymore cause your going to be on a hill just looking through your launcher with the thermals on trying to lock on to someone driving or flying by and or you go buy OP vehicles. But a lot that so called "abuse" is just more standing out because I mean what do you do with an average of 10 people on a server?