Add custom weapons to gun store

Add custom weapons to gun store

« posted: Jul 12, 2014, 07:28 PM »
So i found a cool mod i would like to add to my server. Its a pack of custom mk18 weapons; have it downloaded and installed right, but the guns don't show up in the gun store. Now i'm aware of having to add their class name and value to some file, my issue is i can't seem to find which file i need to edit. Thanks for any help.

Edit: this is a link to the gun mod i wish to addo
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21096

So after testing the above works if I have the weapon pack installed on my local machine. So maybe a better question is it possible to have custom guns on a server without making people download and install the mod locally? Or is this just not possible?

Re: Add custom weapons to gun store

« Reply #1 posted: Jul 12, 2014, 10:30 PM »
You need to modify the "storeconfig.sqf", at the root of your mission folder. You have to add the name and the classname of the weapon, and at last the price

« Reply #2 posted: Jul 13, 2014, 12:40 AM »
You need to modify the "storeconfig.sqf", at the root of your mission folder. You have to add the name and the classname of the weapon, and at last the price
Did that ad it showed up in the gun store, but not in inventory, or did it have an ammo type or picture in the gun store. Did i possible miss a step? I added the mod into a folder named @Mk18 in my root dir of the server, and added it to my mod line -mod = @inidb; @Mk18 as well.
edit: It seems they don't show up in the weapons list either in the editor, but i can drop and ammo create filled with them and use them that way, Also picked up a couple more weapons packs that are the same way.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #3 posted: Jul 13, 2014, 07:51 PM »
You need to create an entry in the the appropriate config array (pistolArray, smgArray, rifleArray, lmgArray, launcherArray), as well as add all relevant magazines in ammoArray for it work.

« Reply #4 posted: Jul 14, 2014, 01:42 PM »
You need to create an entry in the the appropriate config array (pistolArray, smgArray, rifleArray, lmgArray, launcherArray), as well as add all relevant magazines in ammoArray for it work.
I did that and it works on a local listen server but when I upload the mission file to the server (which has the same mods installed on it, they show up in the gun store but no pics and you can't buy them? If I'm using a mod like the one above does it need to be install on both client and server side or should it work installed on just the server side?
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 posted: Jul 14, 2014, 03:29 PM »
All content mods have to be installed on all computers joining the server in order to work properly.
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

« Reply #6 posted: Jul 14, 2014, 04:27 PM »
@gobi42

I've customized my A3W to include the whole NATO SF / Russian Spetznatz weapon pack in both the shops and missions.

As stated above , you will need to include both the guns and ammo types.

You MUST have the mod running with the server as well, and all clients will need this too ^^

- from the grassy knoll -

« Reply #7 posted: Jul 14, 2014, 08:17 PM »
@gobi42

I've customized my A3W to include the whole NATO SF / Russian Spetznatz weapon pack in both the shops and missions.

As stated above , you will need to include both the guns and ammo types.

You MUST have the mod running with the server as well, and all clients will need this too ^^
thanks for the info. i Was hoping it was server only but kinda figured it had to be ran and installed on both.

edit: When i click on the 5.56mm ammo for one of the custom guns the game force closes.Any idea's on what the issue might be.