Can't join server because of error?

Can't join server because of error?

« posted: Nov 02, 2014, 06:44 PM »
Everytime I went to join my server, I would get killed then get this error: http://prntscr.com/52c4rt
I even reset my the whole mission thinking that was the problem, and yet it still consists.. can anyone help me?
I'm using addon/mods: CBA, ABM, Blastcore, Blastcore Tracers, CSE, inidbi, and JSRS2.2.

Also, everyone else can join even when using the mods.
  • Offline micovery
  • Hardened

Re: Can't join server because of error?

« Reply #1 posted: Nov 02, 2014, 06:48 PM »
It's a way to make your client crash by "#include"ing a file that does not exist ... because it thinks you are hacking.

It's pretty bad that's in the mission at all ... if a real hacker was to get in and be able to do remote execution, they could just execVM that file, and make all the player's games crash.

« Reply #2 posted: Nov 02, 2014, 07:44 PM »
It's a way to make your client crash by "#include"ing a file that does not exist ... because it thinks you are hacking.

It's pretty bad that's in the mission at all ... if a real hacker was to get in and be able to do remote execution, they could just execVM that file, and make all the player's games crash.

Any idea on how I could fix this..?
  • Offline micovery
  • Hardened

« Reply #3 posted: Nov 02, 2014, 11:09 PM »

Troubleshooting 101 :)

Disable all mods, load the mission, and see if you get kicked. If not, then add one mod at a time, and try again ... until you narrow down which mod is getting you kicked.

« Reply #4 posted: Nov 03, 2014, 12:20 AM »

if a cheater is able to inject code to other clients he can crash it anyways - it's not harder to reference a file than to run that code directly afaik.
  • Offline micovery
  • Hardened

« Reply #5 posted: Nov 03, 2014, 12:43 AM »
if a cheater is able to inject code to other clients he can crash it anyways - it's not harder to reference a file than to run that code directly afaik.

You cannot run that code directly ... it's a pre-processor directive.

Take a look at the documentation at https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/PreProcessor_Commands

Code: [Select]
SQF script - parsed when preprocessFile, preprocessFileLineNumbers or execVM is used.

So no, you can't dynamically "call compile" a string that has a pre-processor directive.

« Reply #6 posted: Nov 03, 2014, 02:38 AM »
everyday something new to learn- thanks for the info.

« Reply #7 posted: Nov 03, 2014, 06:17 AM »

Troubleshooting 101 :)

Disable all mods, load the mission, and see if you get kicked. If not, then add one mod at a time, and try again ... until you narrow down which mod is getting you kicked.

I have tried that, even with no mods at all = kicked for that reason, I even disabled them all server-side.. and still.

« Reply #8 posted: Nov 05, 2014, 12:59 AM »
I have since then fixed the error by reinstalling both my arma 3 and the server. thanks for all the help anyway!