Server message/notification

Server message/notification

« posted: Dec 11, 2014, 06:56 PM »
anywhere i can get a server message notification script to send messeages evrey 10 mins or so?
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

Re: Server message/notification

« Reply #1 posted: Dec 11, 2014, 07:27 PM »
anywhere i can get a server message notification script to send messeages evrey 10 mins or so?

You need to add these messages to your server.cfg under the MOTD section and set a timer for it to broadcast every few minutes or so ...

Code: [Select]
/ WELCOME MESSAGE ("message of the day")
// It can be several lines, separated by comma
// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval

motd[]={
   "ENQUIRE ABOUT OUR DONATOR STARTUP LOADOUTS - COME TO TEAMSPEAK :)",
   "OUR LATEST DONATORS ARE BOSBOK, GARARD, HAGAR, BLAASIE, LTASORIO, DIESEL, EVIL BETTY, MOON, N3O AND BAGELZA",
   "COME JOIN US OR ASK FOR HELP ON TEAMSPEAK CPTTS.GAMESERVERS.COM:9194"
};
motdInterval            = 300;            // Time interval (in seconds) between each message

like this ...

- from the grassy knoll -

« Reply #2 posted: Dec 11, 2014, 07:39 PM »

You need to add these messages to your server.cfg under the MOTD section and set a timer for it to broadcast every few minutes or so ...

Code: [Select]
/ WELCOME MESSAGE ("message of the day")
// It can be several lines, separated by comma
// Empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval

motd[]={
   "ENQUIRE ABOUT OUR DONATOR STARTUP LOADOUTS - COME TO TEAMSPEAK :)",
   "OUR LATEST DONATORS ARE BOSBOK, GARARD, HAGAR, BLAASIE, LTASORIO, DIESEL, EVIL BETTY, MOON, N3O AND BAGELZA",
   "COME JOIN US OR ASK FOR HELP ON TEAMSPEAK CPTTS.GAMESERVERS.COM:9194"
};
motdInterval            = 300;            // Time interval (in seconds) between each message

like this ...

Thanks but im looking for somthing seperate to message of the day
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

« Reply #3 posted: Dec 12, 2014, 08:12 AM »
Not sure what you're looking for then :(

The motd will repeat whatever messages you have put into the motd array based on the timer you have there.

So in my case , every 300 seconds ( 5minutes ) it will display a single line from the motd array. Once 5 minutes has passed, it will do the next line and repeat when it gets to the end.

Goodluck ;(

- from the grassy knoll -
  • Offline lodac
  • Hardened
  • TOP Arma Server Admin

« Reply #4 posted: Dec 13, 2014, 10:37 PM »
Ibattle.org

TOPArma Mission - Share your mission on GitHub

« Reply #5 posted: Dec 14, 2014, 08:38 PM »
Not sure what you're looking for then :(

The motd will repeat whatever messages you have put into the motd array based on the timer you have there.

So in my case , every 300 seconds ( 5minutes ) it will display a single line from the motd array. Once 5 minutes has passed, it will do the next line and repeat when it gets to the end.

Goodluck ;(

IIRC, MoTD only displays once when players enter the server. The motdInterval key only defines the interval between each entry of MoTD.

After switching the server over to Linux, I'm also searching for scripts to send automated messages/broadcast but no avail.

« Reply #6 posted: Dec 14, 2014, 08:55 PM »
You could use something like JoShaaps rewardForPlaying.sqf and just use it for messages.

« Reply #7 posted: Dec 14, 2014, 09:08 PM »
I googled but could not find this file. Could you provide a link?