General > Gameplay Discussion

Jets

(1/3) > >>

Matt76:
One thing I've never yet been able to find a happy medium for is the availability of jets and how devastating they can be.

No matter what price I adjust them to somehow they feel so over powered at times.

Server owners, what are your experiences? How do your players feel?

biabock:
max AI skill and Hostile Jet FTW  ;D

I just put the a10 for 200k and really have any player complaining about that

dagg929:

--- Quote from: Matt76 on Jul 20, 2016, 09:05 PM ---One thing I've never yet been able to find a happy medium for is the availability of jets and how devastating they can be.

No matter what price I adjust them to somehow they feel so over powered at times.

Server owners, what are your experiences? How do your players feel?

--- End quote ---
We run a $5k start server and our jets start at 40-60k. We max the bank at a mill. People who like to spam jets end up broke very quickly. On Stratis it is just the one airfield and there isn't a huge likelyhood that that jet is going to last more than 5-10 minutes.

On Tanoa we have the same pricing. It's a bit different and I'm still trying to balance it but my players do their best to keep the server balanced. Hostile Jet and Heli missions help as these spawn and annhilate aircraft but I don't have it toned to a super excessive spawnrate, they are actually quite rare.

WhatsUpDoc:
We disable both of these on our server in the store config as they are overpowering. The only way to get the one is to get it on the mission:

//["A-164 Wipeout CAS", "B_Plane_CAS_01_F", 60000, "vehicle"],
//["To-199 Neophron CAS", "O_Plane_CAS_02_F", 60000, "vehicle"],

We also disable the Blackfoot as a person can be on the other side of Atlis with a gunner and shoot somebody on the opposite side of the map!!! Way overpowering considering mobile AAs cannot even detect jets at 2,000 meters to lock on...That is how bad BIS coded them..Yes 2,000 meters is 6,000 feet but in real life they can lock on further than that. And that is with my VIEW DISTANCE MAXED out in the video config. BIS needs to do some homework.

In a Tigris I can see a jet fly over on Radar. I can get out of Tigris and see the jet. Jump back in and see the jet but cannot lock on because once they reach 2,000 meters you cannot lock on. Try it in the editor for yourself. I tested it over and over. Maybe there is a way around this I don't know but but I haven't figured it out yet.

Anyway I am jumping ahead..Just disable whatever you want in the store-config.sqf by placing two // like I did in the example. Now since the Hackers mission is a bust we just put the jet formation mission back on the server. We would rather deal with it than people hacking the hackers mission or getting kicked by battle eye.

Best of luck..

CREAMPIE:
As always it's EXTREMELY hard to find balance between bambi players and seasoned veterans.

I had guys on my server using UAVs to laser designate people and a team member locking on them with DAGR missles 2.5km away ...

All i can say it ... GIT GUD !! I would think that about 90% of Arma 3 players don't understand or know how to do certain advanced things.

Jet's is one of those things that once mastered it can be pretty devastating - however, all it takes is some AA co-ordination and the pilot has no chance ^^''

I would consider the possibility of an infantry only Wasteland server with civilian vehicles. No tanks , Jets , MRAPs with guns etc. Also remove any guided launchers like Titans. That way you have to use your gun :P

CP out

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version