bAdmin Exile Port - Continuation

• Offline Webman97
  • DarkVault Gaming Community Founder/Owner
  • Fresh Spawn

bAdmin Exile Port - Continuation

« posted: Jan 22, 2018, 06:04 PM »
Back in 2015, biabock requested permission to port bAdmin to Exile. See: http://www.exilemod.com/topic/1146-badmin-in-game-admin-menu-from-a3w/ and https://github.com/biabock/bAdmin

I'd like to continue this project, as bAdmin has been an extremely valuable tool in A3Wasteland that is absolutely necessary for Exile. I've already cleaned up the menu to look like the more recent A3W v1.4b menu, but functionality is still at A3W v1.2b.

Can I get authorization to continue this project under GNU Lesser GPL v3?
Webman97
DarkVault Gaming Community Founder/Owner

• Offline ShineDwarf
  • First Blood
  • Co-Owner, Fractured Gaming

Re: bAdmin Exile Port - Continuation

« Reply #1 posted: Jan 22, 2018, 08:01 PM »
I'm a bit confused, wouldn't you need to be asking the Exile creator of this mod to use it with wasteland?

Addons can be added into wasteland at your discretion, but under your own care as its your server.

Or are you asking that the admin interface for all of wasteland be changed to the version you want it to be?
  • Offline Webman97
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #2 posted: Jan 22, 2018, 08:15 PM »
I'm a bit confused, wouldn't you need to be asking the Exile creator of this mod to use it with wasteland?

I'm not attempting to replace the existing bAdmin menu within A3Wasteland. I'm asking AgentRev if I may simply continue the development of the bAdmin menu that was created for A3Wasteland and ported over to Exile by Biabock with permission from AgentRev (and biabock if I can get a hold of him as well.)

Addons can be added into wasteland at your discretion, but under your own care as its your server.

I am aware of this. I'm not attempting to add what I've linked into A3Wasteland. Did you click on the links I provided?

Or are you asking that the admin interface for all of wasteland be changed to the version you want it to be?

Part of the reason I posted in Off-Topic was to avoid confusion. No, this version is from A3Wasteland v1.2b. That would be a severe unnecessary downgrade. This has nothing to do with implementation within A3Wasteland. My intentions are to implement the A3Wasteland Admin Menu, bAdmin, into Exile. It does its job very well and it is extremely lightweight.
Webman97

• Offline ShineDwarf
  • First Blood
  • Co-Owner, Fractured Gaming

« Reply #3 posted: Jan 22, 2018, 08:25 PM »
Ahh gotcha,

I see it now, link wouldnt work from where i was typing originally.

« Reply #4 posted: Jan 23, 2018, 04:05 AM »
wow glad to see that people are still interested about that

if you do it, just send me the topic/github link so I can put that on my original topic and get people going on the right way.
  • Offline Webman97
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #5 posted: Jan 23, 2018, 05:31 AM »
wow glad to see that people are still interested about that

Oh yeah i'm interested, it's been a useful asset for our Exile servers thus far. Although I did have to make some minor fixes to it to get it working in 2017.

if you do it, just send me the topic/github link so I can put that on my original topic and get people going on the right way.

I've already done it, I just havent made the GitHub repository i'm using public because I haven't gotten permissions from you or AgentRev yet. I was going to delete the repo and remove my modifications to bAdmin from my Exile servers if I didn't get permissions to modify it.

I can make the repo public and link it if you'd like! I didn't want to get too invested in this if I couldn't get the authorization to make modifications.
Webman97

« Reply #6 posted: Jan 23, 2018, 07:45 AM »
Well, all I did was delete some lines and add a few others. It's all AgentRev's code.

You can modify and use the way you want to, you do not need ask for permission. The license already tells that. (If I'm not wrong ...)

You need to ask for permission if you want to modify and post it somewhere, as I did.
(first I thought this is what you wannted  ??? Is it?)
  • Offline Webman97
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #7 posted: Jan 23, 2018, 02:36 PM »
You need to ask for permission if you want to modify and post it somewhere, as I did.
(first I thought this is what you wannted  ??? Is it?)

I'm trying to post my modifications to my GitHub and potentially my website. I dont want to post on Exile's website or any other website for the moment.

Do I just make the repository public, add you guys as collaborators, and i'm good to go?
Webman97

• Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #8 posted: Jan 24, 2018, 07:40 PM »
With GPL licenses, you don't have to ask for permission for anything if you keep the same license and follow its terms. Even if I said no, you'd still be allowed.