Base building

Base building

« posted: May 14, 2017, 08:46 PM »
Hey guys, really appreciate the work you guys do here and for noobs like me it makes gaming life a lot easier.

I have recently moved over to Arma 3 from Arma 2 and have a little test server running just now, i am running wasteland v1.3b on altis and it looks amazing. i have played on a few others to see what people are doing and coming from Day z arma 2 ! a big aspect was base building, is their any good scripts for base building ? also i seen on 1 server a base locker that meant unless they hacked the locker they could not remove your base walls etc, any help would be appreciated..

-DoG-67-

Re: Base building

« Reply #1 posted: May 18, 2017, 02:26 PM »
Another question, where can i get the script/addon ? for the base relocker ? been searching for 2 weeks
  • Offline eldrich
  • First Blood
  • 40-1 Clan

« Reply #2 posted: May 18, 2017, 05:50 PM »
I don't have on Tanoa but used to use on Altis when I was using Louds mod, my old Altis mission is on GitHub the addon is called BoS if I remember right.

https://github.com/eldrich71/40-1A3wasteland.altis
link to my old altis not sure if this addon still works but worked fine before Tanoa release

« Reply #3 posted: May 19, 2017, 01:23 AM »
Dog,

PM me and I will help you get it setup as there are more files that needs to be edited to get BoS to work properly. The Base Locker works best with base doors and keypad to lock them down so others cannot unlock them. On our two current servers we use prebuilt bases that I've built in Eden and all we have to do is add the doors, keypad and base locker and boom it works just fine. If I remember correctly LouD's edits contain code that calls for the server to be restarted before the doors will work. Thats each time somebody puts down a door and locks it down. So just PM and I will send you the proper updated files I edited so you don't have to restart the server.
  • Offline hobart
  • First Blood

« Reply #4 posted: May 19, 2017, 06:08 AM »
all we have to do is add the doors

You can add those in Eden as well, I used to, then just the KP & locker is needed.

« Reply #5 posted: May 19, 2017, 10:25 AM »
Dog,

PM me and I will help you get it setup as there are more files that needs to be edited to get BoS to work properly. The Base Locker works best with base doors and keypad to lock them down so others cannot unlock them. On our two current servers we use prebuilt bases that I've built in Eden and all we have to do is add the doors, keypad and base locker and boom it works just fine. If I remember correctly LouD's edits contain code that calls for the server to be restarted before the doors will work. Thats each time somebody puts down a door and locks it down. So just PM and I will send you the proper updated files I edited so you don't have to restart the server.

Thanks Doc appreciate it

« Reply #6 posted: Sep 12, 2017, 05:15 AM »
Can I use it on Stratis too?