Jets DLC

• Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

Jets DLC

« posted: May 15, 2017, 03:36 PM »
Hi folks, I am now out of hibernation, and I just released v1.3c, which includes everything necessary for Jets DLC. It's not a very big A3W update, bulk of the script changes are related to aircraft pylons. The most noteworthy change is the addition of the new aircraft carrier to the south tip of Stratis.

I also merged extDB3 back into the dev branches, and all non-dev branches were deleted, including "megamerge".

There won't be much more from me until at least the end of June, as I need to focus on my rocketry club for the upcoming Spaceport America Cup. There should be a bigger v1.4 update later this summer.
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary
  • co founder of customcombatgaming.com

Re: Jets DLC

« Reply #1 posted: May 15, 2017, 11:41 PM »
Once again thanks for taking the time to make these changes especially the carrier VS.

Looking forward to 1.4 :)
  • Offline JoSchaap
  • Developer
  • Mercenary
  • Had a life.. Got a modem.. (~1996)

« Reply #2 posted: May 16, 2017, 09:49 AM »
W.B. and great work! :)

« Reply #3 posted: May 16, 2017, 09:19 PM »
Rev in one of your edits there is this:

Code: [Select]
class BIS_fnc_debugConsoleExec {}; // secure function made by Killzone Kid for BIS, only works for logged-in admins
Can you explain to me what this does? I am asking as I am trying to learn more in depth of your scripting...
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #4 posted: May 16, 2017, 11:03 PM »
Rev in one of your edits there is this:

Code: [Select]
class BIS_fnc_debugConsoleExec {}; // secure function made by Killzone Kid for BIS, only works for logged-in admins
Can you explain to me what this does? I am asking as I am trying to learn more in depth of your scripting...

Ok so when you are logged in as admin, on the pause menu there is a debug console to execute code. This is a great tool for admins to diagnose issues or simply spawn or clean up stuff.

However, the debug console relies on the remoteExec command to execute code; this is very impractical because it runs the code against the same filters used to block hacks, which prevented the debug console from being used altogether on public servers.

I explained this to BIS, and they implemented this new function and a bunch of other commands for the debug console to use instead. Basically, this function allows code called from the debug console to bypass BattlEye filters, but only gets executed if the person using the debug console is logged in as admin.

There is nothing special required to be done by you, I added the function name so that it could get past the CfgRemoteExec filters. You don't use the function directly, it is used behind the scenes by Arma itself.

« Reply #5 posted: May 17, 2017, 02:48 AM »
Okay I understand. I appreciate the information. Updated out A3W and I missed something as none of the general store items are spawning. I get Server Unknown Error. I had this originally with the Vehicle Store and fixed it and realized I best test out the other store. Now I am going through everything, the commit changes you made, to figure out what I missed.

Anyway, thank you for updating A3W to jet compatibility and thanks to everything you do for us old guys.