another DB errors thread

another DB errors thread

« posted: May 18, 2017, 06:13 AM »
Yay right..lol. I did search and read and search and read.

Btw, thanks Rev for the help with my typo on github.  So, this is what I get:

Code: [Select]
"[INFO] extDB3 v1.028 extension loaded"
"[extDB3] Startup..."
"[extDB3] ███ SQL_CUSTOM Protocol error! [0,""Failed to Load Protocol""]"
"[extDB3] ███ ERROR - Startup aborted"

[22:55:01:127672 -05:00] [Thread 3596] extDB3: SQL_CUSTOM: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\@extDB3\sql_custom\a3wasteland doesn't exist
[22:55:01:127672 -05:00] [Thread 3596] extDB3: Failed to Load Protocol: SQL_CUSTOM

and to top it off:
http://prntscr.com/f94t9a

thoughts?

Re: another DB errors thread

« Reply #1 posted: May 18, 2017, 07:05 AM »
Yay right..lol. I did search and read and search and read.

Btw, thanks Rev for the help with my typo on github.  So, this is what I get:

"[INFO] extDB3 v1.028 extension loaded"
"[extDB3] Startup..."
"[extDB3] ███ SQL_CUSTOM Protocol error! [0,""Failed to Load Protocol""]"
"[extDB3] ███ ERROR - Startup aborted"

[22:55:01:127672 -05:00] [Thread 3596] extDB3: SQL_CUSTOM: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Server\@extDB3\sql_custom\a3wasteland doesn't exist
[22:55:01:127672 -05:00] [Thread 3596] extDB3: Failed to Load Protocol: SQL_CUSTOM

and to top it off:
http://prntscr.com/f94t9a

thoughts?

Ok, so like I said I did some reading prior to posting this, which is what introduced me to ProcMon. Lovely tool.

Set my filters as such:
Process begins with: arma3
Path contains: a3wasteland

Tons of results, however, it did show that for some reason, the server isn't looking for a3wasteland.ini in sql_custom folder. Nope, it's actually looking for just plain old a3wasteland.

So, notepad++ open the ini, save as, scroll to the top and select all types (*.*)....boom a3wasteland without any extension and it works.

So, anyone having DB issues and it can't find a3wasteland, just save a copy of the ini file as a3wasteland without an extension. Til someone figures out a fix.

Just to put this out there:
32 and 64 work like this. Don't ask why.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #2 posted: May 18, 2017, 03:42 PM »
Sounds like you haven't bothered to look closer into the extDB3 pack... You wouldn't have this problem if you started fresh with those files. A3W_extDB_IniName now requires the file extension.

« Reply #3 posted: May 19, 2017, 08:20 AM »
Sounds like you haven't bothered to look closer into the extDB3 pack... You wouldn't have this problem if you started fresh with those files. A3W_extDB_IniName now requires the file extension.

This is from fresh downloads via github. The A3Wasteland Release and the Altis release.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #4 posted: May 19, 2017, 08:25 AM »
A3W_extDB3_pack.zip\A3Wasteland_settings\main_config.sqf does contain the file extension, which means you did not start fresh with it.

« Reply #5 posted: Apr 28, 2018, 06:00 PM »
A3W_extDB3_pack.zip\A3Wasteland_settings\main_config.sqf does contain the file extension, which means you did not start fresh with it.

AND IS THERE A FIX FOR IT?
  • Offline Mokey
  • Fractured Wasteland
  • Elite
  • Https://Fractured-Gaming.com

« Reply #6 posted: Apr 29, 2018, 09:17 AM »
GenScorpion, Yes there is. If you properly set up your extdb3-conf.ini with the proper information, have a running database, and put your .dlls in the proper place. generally the root folder, you shouldn't have an issue.

Here is the Readme, if you follow it, you will not have an issue.
https://github.com/A3Wasteland/Release_Files/blob/master/A3W_extDB3_README.txt
Posts once, edits post 40 times in 60 seconds. STUPID FAT FINGERS!