Headless client problems.

Headless client problems.

« posted: Oct 09, 2017, 07:28 AM »
Hey guys, so I am trying to get my headless client to work properly here.

Let me explain what I have done and what the issue is.  So before you ask, yes I have allowed the IP addresses, local and of the public IP addresses just to see if that was the issue and it was not.

See the problem is whenever I assign an IP address in the start up parameters the server as follows.

Code: [Select]
Start arma3server_x64.exe -ip=144.217.30.65 -port=2302 -config=#server1.cfg -world=empty -filePatching -BEpath=C:\gameservers\isaac\ArmA\MA3Server\Battleye -High -autoinit -cpuCount=4 -nosound -affinity=4 -affinity=5 -affinity=6 -affinity=7 -profiles=C:\gameservers\isaac\ArmA\MA3Server\Profiles -nanme=Administrator -noSound -ServerMod=@extDB3;@marma; -loadMissionToMemory
But when I use the follow the headless clients connects.

Start arma3server_x64.exe -port=2302 -config=#server1.cfg -world=empty -filePatching -BEpath=C:\gameservers\isaac\ArmA\MA3Server\Battleye -High -autoinit -cpuCount=4 -nosound -affinity=4 -affinity=5 -affinity=6 -affinity=7 -profiles=C:\gameservers\isaac\ArmA\MA3Server\Profiles -nanme=Administrator -noSound -ServerMod=@extDB3;@marma; -loadMissionToMemory
But because I need to assign an IP address to the server I need to keep the address command there.

Any help would be nice.

Re: Headless client problems.

« Reply #1 posted: Oct 13, 2017, 04:33 AM »
Anyone know a fix to this?

« Reply #2 posted: Oct 13, 2017, 07:48 PM »
Your starting a second server not a headless client.

Try something like this
start "" "C:\Altis\arma3server_x64.exe" -client -filePatching  -connect=127.0.0.1 -port=2302

« Reply #3 posted: Oct 13, 2017, 08:11 PM »
To clarify I know how to connect a headless client, what I am saying is when I assign an IP address the headless client refuses to connect.

The following config does not allow my HC to connect.

taskkill /f /im arma3server.exe
taskkill /f /im arma3server_x64.exe
taskkill /f /im arma3server_x64HC.exe
taskkill /f /im BEC.exe
taskkill /f /im redis-server.exe
timeout /t 10
cd /d C:\gameservers\isaac\ArmA\MA3Server

Start arma3server_x64.exe -ip=144.217.30.65 -port=2302 -config=#server1.cfg -world=empty -filePatching -BEpath=C:\gameservers\isaac\ArmA\MA3Server\Battleye -High -autoinit -cpuCount=4 -nosound -affinity=4 -affinity=5 -affinity=6 -affinity=7 -profiles=C:\gameservers\isaac\ArmA\MA3Server\Profiles -nanme=Administrator -noSound -ServerMod=@extDB3;@marma; -loadMissionToMemory

Start arma3server_x64.exe -client -connect=127.0.0.1:2302 -nosound -affinity=0 -affinity=1 -high -filePatching -profiles=C:\gameservers\isaac\ArmA\MA3Server\Profiles -name=A3W_HC1;

@echo starting rebooter
cd C:\gameservers\isaac\ArmA\Community Stuff\ServerRebooters\BEC
timeout /t 60
start BEC.exe -f config.cfg --dsc

exit

The following config allows my HC to connect.

taskkill /f /im arma3server.exe
taskkill /f /im arma3server_x64.exe
taskkill /f /im arma3server_x64HC.exe
taskkill /f /im BEC.exe
taskkill /f /im redis-server.exe
timeout /t 10
cd /d C:\gameservers\isaac\ArmA\MA3Server

Start arma3server_x64.exe -port=2302 -config=#server1.cfg -world=empty -filePatching -BEpath=C:\gameservers\isaac\ArmA\MA3Server\Battleye -High -autoinit -cpuCount=4 -nosound -affinity=4 -affinity=5 -affinity=6 -affinity=7 -profiles=C:\gameservers\isaac\ArmA\MA3Server\Profiles -nanme=Administrator -noSound -ServerMod=@extDB3;@marma; -loadMissionToMemory

Start arma3server_x64.exe -client -connect=127.0.0.1:2302 -nosound -affinity=0 -affinity=1 -high -filePatching -profiles=C:\gameservers\isaac\ArmA\MA3Server\Profiles -name=A3W_HC1;

@echo starting rebooter
cd C:\gameservers\isaac\ArmA\Community Stuff\ServerRebooters\BEC
timeout /t 60
start BEC.exe -f config.cfg --dsc

exit

Again I need to asign an IP address because I need to use that address block.

Secondly.

headlessClients[]  = {"127.0.0.1", "144.217.30.65", "8.26.94.229"};
localClient[]      = {"127.0.0.1"};

I also have tried adding all the IP's in local client as well still does not change the fact that when I assign an IP address, it will NOT connect.

I also have tried every IP address for the HC to connect to, so that is not the answer either.

« Reply #4 posted: Oct 14, 2017, 06:27 PM »
If running from same machine just use the port. Use ip if running from remote

« Reply #5 posted: Oct 15, 2017, 08:56 AM »
If running from same machine just use the port. Use ip if running from remote
I don't know what you are talking about here.  You have to use the -connect=127.0.0.1:2302 to get the HC to even connect to the local computer.  Also if you did not know 127.0.0.1 is the computers loop back IP address.
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary
  • co founder of customcombatgaming.com

« Reply #6 posted: Oct 15, 2017, 07:33 PM »
Sorry i'm not clued up on Headless clients but i must ask why do you want to use one ?

i cannot see the point unless you have a busy server and even then is it really worth the expense ?

« Reply #7 posted: Oct 16, 2017, 12:25 AM »
Sorry i'm not clued up on Headless clients but i must ask why do you want to use one ?

i cannot see the point unless you have a busy server and even then is it really worth the expense ?

Massive improvements to AI, data base saving time, it also lets the HC handle other tasks such as object caching and overall less desync or server side related lag.  AI are also a little less dumb.
  • Offline Matt76
  • Mercenary
  • co founder of customcombatgaming.com

« Reply #8 posted: Oct 16, 2017, 07:36 AM »
Sorry I meant I didnt know how to help the Op I know what the headless client does in wasteland but my point still stands

If you manage your mission correctly such as vehicle and object counts, number of missions running etc it's little improvement over cost imo.

I run 4 hour server cycles with 80 players and at the end of the cycle I'm still getting 16-20 server fps which is fine.

The number of vehicles is the big killer to wasteland performance

« Reply #9 posted: Oct 16, 2017, 12:37 PM »
Are you on a dedi box with multiple IPs? If so, do you need to specify the IP over your machine's default?

Assuming both above are true, have you tried setting the HC's connect IP as the same the servers? It's possible the server is ignoring all traffic that isn't routed to it's assigned IP.

« Reply #10 posted: Oct 16, 2017, 08:13 PM »
And no you don’t need to use IP address if your on local machine (same box) the server will refuse it and disconnect the HC use only the port # and it will connect

« Reply #11 posted: Oct 17, 2017, 04:17 AM »
And no you don’t need to use IP address if your on local machine (same box) the server will refuse it and disconnect the HC use only the port # and it will connect
Can you give me some code examples please of how I am supposed to init the HC the way you speak of.

« Reply #12 posted: Oct 17, 2017, 04:40 AM »
// Headless client settings
A3W_hcPrefix = "A3W_HC";           // Prefix of the headless client unit names in mission.sqm
A3W_hcObjCaching = 1;              // Enable headless client object caching (0 = no, 1 = yes)
A3W_hcObjCachingID = 1;            // ID of the headless client in charge of object caching (1 or 2)
A3W_hcObjCleanup = 0;              // Enable headless client server cleanup (0 = no, 1 = yes)
A3W_hcObjCleanupID = 1;            // ID of the headless client in charge of object saving (1 or 2)
A3W_hcObjSaving = 0;               // Enable headless client vehicle & object saving (0 = no, 1 = yes)
A3W_hcObjSavingID = 1;             // ID of the headless client in charge of object saving (1 or 2)

The first HC would connect with the name of A3W_HC1 and in your mission.sqm

https://github.com/A3Wasteland/ArmA3_Wasteland.Stratis/blob/dev/mission.sqm#L2976

Command line -client "-profiles=C:\to\any\where\folder" -name=A3W_HC1 -port=2302

You can add -connect=127.0.0.1 if that doesn't work to try it.

« Reply #13 posted: Oct 17, 2017, 05:17 AM »
// Headless client settings
A3W_hcPrefix = "A3W_HC";           // Prefix of the headless client unit names in mission.sqm
A3W_hcObjCaching = 1;              // Enable headless client object caching (0 = no, 1 = yes)
A3W_hcObjCachingID = 1;            // ID of the headless client in charge of object caching (1 or 2)
A3W_hcObjCleanup = 0;              // Enable headless client server cleanup (0 = no, 1 = yes)
A3W_hcObjCleanupID = 1;            // ID of the headless client in charge of object saving (1 or 2)
A3W_hcObjSaving = 0;               // Enable headless client vehicle & object saving (0 = no, 1 = yes)
A3W_hcObjSavingID = 1;             // ID of the headless client in charge of object saving (1 or 2)

The first HC would connect with the name of A3W_HC1 and in your mission.sqm

https://github.com/A3Wasteland/ArmA3_Wasteland.Stratis/blob/dev/mission.sqm#L2976

Command line -client "-profiles=C:\to\any\where\folder" -name=A3W_HC1 -port=2302

You can add -connect=127.0.0.1 if that doesn't work to try it.

Still no go, the only thing that is making it not connect is when I assign an IP address to the servers start up.