Airdrop Script

Airdrop Script

« posted: Apr 22, 2016, 12:54 PM »
Anyone else having issues now of once something is dropped bye the helo the wind grabs it and just floats way away from the player. Have to run for days to get to it.
  • Offline CREAMPIE
  • Armaholic
  • Veteran
  • ^_^;;

Re: Airdrop Script

« Reply #1 posted: Apr 22, 2016, 01:31 PM »
Anyone else having issues now of once something is dropped bye the helo the wind grabs it and just floats way away from the player. Have to run for days to get to it.

Nothing new here - it's called Wind :P

You can try and reduce the amount of max wind in your Dynamic Weather Script to reduce this from happening ...

- from the grassy knoll -

« Reply #2 posted: Apr 22, 2016, 01:54 PM »
Yeah I figured just been a windy few days..haha.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #3 posted: May 14, 2016, 01:30 AM »
Many server owners have told me they have problems with wind, but I have never witnessed the issue in person so I don't know what's wrong. If somebody could record the value of the "wind" command when having problems, it may actually help me in diagnosing the issue. I can't do much with just "something's wrong" and no data.

« Reply #4 posted: May 14, 2016, 07:47 PM »
we had the same on our server when we had A3W_weatherSaving = 1;  in the main_config.sqf

it was blowing a gale all the time i switched A3W_weatherSaving = 0; so weather didnt save and its a lot better

i also dropped the hight of airdrop to _flyHeight = 150; \addons\APOC_Airdrop_Assistance\APOC_srv_startAirdrop.sqf also helped with drops beeing closer

worth a try see how it goes
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #5 posted: May 14, 2016, 09:31 PM »
What I did with R3F airdrop is run a server-side thread that sets the horizontal velocities of the parachute to 0 every 0.1s, so that it will drop in a straight line no matter the wind, otherwise the parachute would literally embark on a journey across the island...

« Reply #6 posted: May 17, 2016, 08:49 PM »
What I did with R3F airdrop is run a server-side thread that sets the horizontal velocities of the parachute to 0 every 0.1s, so that it will drop in a straight line no matter the wind, otherwise the parachute would literally embark on a journey across the island...
Where would I do this?