« Reply #60 posted: Sep 29, 2016, 09:29 AM »
Working fine on my Tanoa atleast.
Firsty
Founder
NoEliteGaming

Re: Base item blocker / beacon

« Reply #61 posted: Oct 13, 2016, 06:45 PM »
Working fine on my Tanoa atleast.

Firstyminator can I get your server name or IP to check it out?

« Reply #62 posted: Oct 13, 2016, 07:07 PM »
Firstyminator can I get your server name or IP to check it out?
it's in his sig  :D

« Reply #63 posted: Oct 31, 2016, 07:33 PM »
Need some assistance. We are finally updating Altis to 1.3b from 1.2. The problem is 1.3 is an overhaul pretty much so we have to start over.

We use the base locker and keypads on our server because we have bases.

I was able to copy all the stuff over but the problem I am having whenever testing on my local server here at home is that the door just will not open. This is after restarting the server after I place the door, locker and keypads down, locking them and changing the passwords. I restart and come back, and open the keypad put in my password the menu comes up, I choose Open Door and its says Your door is Open but the door is not its just sits there.

What did I miss? I copied our database from the internet down to my extra PC I am running an Arma 3 test server on. I am using MySQL Workbench. I even wiped the rows that were filled, not the NULL rows. I know the NULL are used for the template.

Anyway I feel I missed something but cannot put my finger on it. I did a directory search with Notepad finding the words Keypad, BoS, password, Door in our 1.2 directory and that's how I knew where everything was located. I moved the addons over but nothing...

Help would be appreciated or if anybody has an updated 1.3b Altis with the Base Locker and Doors I would be in your debt forever. Thank You in Advance..
  • Offline Firstyminator
  • NoElite Gaming Community
  • Geared Up
  • Airborne Wookie!

« Reply #64 posted: Oct 31, 2016, 08:49 PM »
yesh :) door works on Tanoa, but had the same issue back on Altis i remember. You can try to use the Tanoa door script. Should be possible to split open and inject it into your files pretty easily :)
Firsty
Founder
NoEliteGaming

« Reply #65 posted: Oct 31, 2016, 08:54 PM »
First its the same script and they are located in the same place so its something POSSIBLE in the Altis 1.3b that AgentRev or somebody else who helped him did that is stopping from the doors from opening.

I have no clue what it could be. It works fine in Tanoa like you said just not in Altis. Doesn't make any sense. I went though it 5 times and made sure everything was in the correct place as on Louds GITHUB and it is. The door will just not open..

EDIT:

Okay they are not the same I see your Tanoa somebody added an aj directory to the addon folder. In the globalCompile.sqf there is a link to an sqf and its suppose to help open/close door. So I guess I will go through your directory to see what changed.

« Reply #66 posted: Oct 31, 2016, 10:51 PM »
Yep same thing, nothing changed except what I stated above.

Something in AgentRev's Altis 1.3b stopping from that door from opening and closing. I don't understand because all its doing is using the default hide object in his functions directory. Doesn't make any sense.

« Reply #67 posted: Nov 01, 2016, 12:07 AM »
We are in business. For anybody who wants to use the doors with Wasteland 1.3b all you need to door is change this in Door_openDoor.sqf

if (!isNil "_doors") then
{
   { [[netId _x, true], "A3W_fnc_hideObjectGlobal", _x] call A3W_fnc_MP } forEach _doors;
   hint "Your door is opened";
}
else
{
   hint "No locked door found";
};

TO

{
   {
      if (cursortarget getVariable ["owneruid", "undef"] == _x getVariable ["owneruid", "undef2"]) then  //check if door and key are owned by the same player
      {
         [[_x, true], "A3W_fnc_hideObjectGlobal"] call A3W_fnc_MP;         
      }
      else
      {
      ["The door and the opener have to be locked by the same player", 5] call mf_notify_client;
      };   

Basically get rid of the netId thats all your doing and then you do your own from there.

Same goes for Door_closeDoor.sqf just get rid of netId its not need anymore...That is the reason the doors will not work in wasteland 1.3b...

Good day...
  • Offline Firstyminator
  • NoElite Gaming Community
  • Geared Up
  • Airborne Wookie!

« Reply #68 posted: Nov 01, 2016, 12:39 AM »
First its the same script and they are located in the same place so its something POSSIBLE in the Altis 1.3b that AgentRev or somebody else who helped him did that is stopping from the doors from opening.

I have no clue what it could be. It works fine in Tanoa like you said just not in Altis. Doesn't make any sense. I went though it 5 times and made sure everything was in the correct place as on Louds GITHUB and it is. The door will just not open..

EDIT:

Okay they are not the same I see your Tanoa somebody added an aj directory to the addon folder. In the globalCompile.sqf there is a link to an sqf and its suppose to help open/close door. So I guess I will go through your directory to see what changed.

Yeah haven't looked trough the AJ scripts yet. It's some custom functions that mostly is for ArmaJunkies Zeus /Ranks custom stuff.  Have disabled most of it on my server though.

We are in business. For anybody who wants to use the doors with Wasteland 1.3b all you need to door is change this in Door_openDoor.sqf

{
   { [[netId _x, true], "A3W_fnc_hideObjectGlobal", _x] call A3W_fnc_MP } forEach _doors;
   hint "Your door is opened";
}
else
{
   hint "No locked door found";
};

TO

{
   {
      if (cursortarget getVariable ["owneruid", "undef"] == _x getVariable ["owneruid", "undef2"]) then  //check if door and key are owned by the same player
      {
         [[_x, true], "A3W_fnc_hideObjectGlobal"] call A3W_fnc_MP;         
      }
      else
      {
      ["The door and the opener have to be locked by the same player", 5] call mf_notify_client;
      };   

Basically get rid of the netId thats all your doing and then you do your own from there.

Same goes for Door_closeDoor.sqf just get rid of netId its not need anymore...That is the reason the doors will not work in wasteland 1.3b...

Good day...

Glad to hear that you solved the puzzle! :) Good work!
Firsty
Founder
NoEliteGaming

• Offline night
  • First Blood

« Reply #69 posted: Jan 06, 2018, 06:58 PM »
Sorry for necroposting. I have Door addon. But it hides the door object only for the player that locks it, not "global". Latest wasteland/arma. That's the code i use:
[_x, true] call fn_hideObjectGlobal;