UAV Control Addon (by BadVolt)

• Offline micovery
  • Hardened

UAV Control Addon (by BadVolt)

« posted: Jan 15, 2015, 08:16 AM »
This is an addon that lets the admin set up simple UAV access control.

There is just one config value (for now):

Code: [Select]
uav_control_permission = "owner"; // Scope for who is able to access the UAV controls ("owner", "group", "side")

How it works:

It looks at the "ownerUID" variable on the UAV to determine who is the vehicle's owner. Depending on what the permission level is, players would get kicked-off out of the UAV control screen if they are not allowed to control it.

Source code at:
https://github.com/micovery/ArmA3_Wasteland.Altis/commit/581af1f811ea3f073b0d344ba011eaeb53b408e8

BadVolt wrote the original implementation with just the "owner" permission level. I refactored it a bit to make it more consumable as an addon, and added the "group" and "side" settings.

If you are going to set "side" as the permission level, might as well not use this addon in its current shape, as that is the game's default behavior. The plan is to later on add a UI so that the vehicle owner himself can choose what permission level to put on his UAV.
  • Offline LouD
  • Silent but deadly ;)
  • Veteran

Re: UAV Control Addon (by BadVolt)

« Reply #1 posted: Jan 15, 2015, 09:32 AM »
Much need! Very nice addon :)
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #2 posted: Jan 16, 2015, 02:28 AM »
ey b0ss, pull request plz?

« Reply #3 posted: Jan 16, 2015, 06:25 AM »
We can pull it as-is (addon) or include to vanilla default_config.sqf. What do you prefer ?:)

« Reply #4 posted: Jan 30, 2015, 02:04 PM »
I've installed this addon on my server. However, players are still able to connect to other players' UAV.

« Reply #5 posted: Jan 30, 2015, 02:58 PM »
I've installed this addon on my server. However, players are still able to connect to other players' UAV.

Then you've not got something right then. We're running it and it works nicely.

A nice addition to this would be removing its icon on the map from the independents groups which can not control it.

« Reply #6 posted: Jan 30, 2015, 05:50 PM »
I just cherry-picked this commit. Did I need to cherry-pick other commits before that?

« Reply #7 posted: Mar 11, 2015, 10:17 PM »
I think the server I play on uses this, but it does nothing for Darter UAV's, at least for inde, and does not remove their icon on the map for inde