v1.2b & Eden

• Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

Re: v1.2b & Eden

« Reply #15 posted: Mar 05, 2016, 08:21 PM »
Will there be a upgrade guide for those with servers?

You mean for Eden, or mission code?

« Reply #16 posted: Mar 06, 2016, 06:58 PM »
i have a slightly tweaked mission.sqm (no opfor, additional stores,.. ) - so if you got some notes from your upgrade process or some quick hints it would be nice to post them.

i did turn off the binarize setting and tried to load it with 3d editor for conversion. i saw that the mission.sqm can't be imported because of the lack of a playable unit.

besides setting a unit as playable and try to import it  - any major hints? or is it easier to take your new mission.sqm and do the changes manually again?
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #17 posted: Mar 07, 2016, 12:25 AM »
Eden guide: http://forums.a3wasteland.com/index.php?topic=2505.0

Please fully read it even if you have converted already.

« Reply #18 posted: Mar 28, 2016, 10:09 PM »
Agent Rev - could you possibly tell me more about [Fixed] Vehicle contents selling money exploit in Wasteland Altis and which file you edited for this please. I seem to be having issues that may be associated with this - http://forums.a3wasteland.com/index.php?topic=2544.new#new

« Reply #19 posted: Jul 03, 2016, 11:10 PM »
Agent Rev - currently trying to fix an old (and prob easy to resolve) issue whereby armor ratings are not showing in the general store. I noticed you did a fix for this some time ago and was wondering if you could let me know exactly what files this relates to so i may apply the fix to my serrver.

Thank you as always.

Gopher
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #21 posted: Jul 04, 2016, 03:15 AM »
http://forums.a3wasteland.com/index.php?topic=509.msg3083#msg3083

Sorry there is nothing in there about how to restore the armor ratings. What am I supposed to be looking for.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #22 posted: Jul 04, 2016, 03:35 AM »
The whole purpose of Git is so people can apply updates automatically. If you ask which files need to be modified, you're doing it wrong. If you are serious about hosting A3W then normally you should be updating your mission to the latest version at least once a week.

« Reply #23 posted: Jul 04, 2016, 03:50 AM »
The whole purpose of Git is so people can apply updates automatically. If you ask which files need to be modified, you're doing it wrong. If you are serious about hosting A3W then normally you should be updating your mission to the latest version at least once a week.

A wonderful helping culture you fostering there. I ask for help, first you send me a link to decipher and now you tell me I am doing things wrong. So much for asking AgentRev anything (http://forums.a3wasteland.com/index.php?topic=2341.msg14363#msg14363) . You will probably be happy to know that I will think twice next time.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #24 posted: Jul 04, 2016, 04:24 AM »
I will not answer your original question because it'll only make you sink further into the mud. Learn how to use Git starting with the instructions I gave you, synchronize your mission from the grounds up, and only afterwards will I be able to provide you with support.

Just know that trying to guilt-trip me makes it even less likely that I agree to take some of my free time to help you in the future.

« Reply #25 posted: Jul 04, 2016, 04:40 AM »
This is not guilt tripping - it is frustration getting spoken down to when all you want is a little help. No one gets better by being told that they are wrong - all it communicates is not to approach in future. I appreciate what you do but dude a little respect please.
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #26 posted: Jul 04, 2016, 12:03 PM »
I'll tell you what's on my mind right now. There are too many Wasteland servers. So, I am taking small steps to raise the bar, and force admins to do it the right way. This includes no longer releasing pre-built PBOs, and especially not spoonfeeding answers which disrupt the normal maintenance workflow. Admins who do not wish to keep their mission updated fall to the bottom of my priorities. Don't take it personal, I would react the same way with anyone else.
  • Offline Magic
  • First Blood

« Reply #27 posted: Jul 04, 2016, 05:43 PM »
There are too many Wasteland servers.

There are too many shit wasteland servers. That's a fact. Mine is probably considered one of them, but the original sentiment remains.
  • Offline bolox
  • Mercenary

« Reply #28 posted: Jul 04, 2016, 05:46 PM »
Dunno if its just me..but i see alot more exile servers..few samatra ones nowadays.
Our 250 popular player rust server 1rule- Dont be a dick
www.nomercykillers.com
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #29 posted: Jul 04, 2016, 09:22 PM »
Dunno if its just me..but i see alot more exile servers..few samatra ones nowadays.

Exile is the new DayZ, and Sa-Matra is focused on KOTH.

Anyway, my answer to the question remains the same, making an effort to use Git prevents that kind of thing from even happening in the first place. It has a steep learning curve, but once you get going you'll fully appreciate it, guaranteed. I think fellow converts can attest.