Need help setting up (ADMIN)

• Offline bertie
  • Fresh Spawn

Re: Need help setting up (ADMIN)

« Reply #30 posted: Jul 23, 2014, 11:44 PM »
Hey agentrev

Just wondering if there was any progress with this so far?

Thanks
Bertie
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #31 posted: Jul 24, 2014, 12:07 AM »
I wrote the functions I will use to translate between iniDB and profileNamespace, but I haven't tested them yet. I am more busy preparing revive beta for release.
  • Offline bertie
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #32 posted: Sep 12, 2014, 09:49 AM »
Hey Rev,

Just wondered if you'd had any luck setting this up?  We're considering turning our arma server off because we're unable to use it for what we had planned.  If you're near a solution then we may consider keeping it.

Thanks
Bertie
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #33 posted: Sep 12, 2014, 12:46 PM »
Setting what up?
  • Offline bertie
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #34 posted: Sep 12, 2014, 04:27 PM »
The functionality to save as part of the mission file so there is no need for inidb on linux?  Or did I misunderstand something?
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #35 posted: Sep 12, 2014, 04:39 PM »
Oh, right... I did write the code for that weeks ago, but I never tested it yet. I was planning to release it at the end of October, but if you want I could have a look at it.
  • Offline bertie
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #36 posted: Sep 12, 2014, 04:41 PM »
That would be awesome if you wouldn't mind please  :)  I'm keen to get our server opened up as public but we need this functionality to play wasteland.

Thanks
Bertie
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #37 posted: Sep 14, 2014, 11:48 PM »
I've been hard at work all weekend, and I finally managed to get profileNamespace saving working on Linux; my player save was successfully restored from my Ubuntu VM after a restart.
  • Offline yessi
  • Fresh Spawn

« Reply #38 posted: Sep 18, 2014, 11:58 AM »
Looking into setting up and getting this mission working on my bare bone linux server i setup yesterday. Did you manage to get it fully working at all, if so i would really appreciate some guidance on where to put the files etc?

Looking to grow my gaming community into arma3 and they have been asking me to do this for a while!
  • Offline AgentRev
  • Developer
  • Veteran

« Reply #39 posted: Sep 18, 2014, 12:42 PM »
https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server#Instructions_.28Linux_o.2Fs.29

The mission does not work with Linux directly out of the box, because unlike Windows, Linux path checking is case-sensitive and some of the paths hardcoded in our scripts were not written using the correct case. I will fix that in the next update.